chapter twenty nine.

Friends go — Maggie Lindemann

CYNTHIA HAD BEEN SPENDING HER DAYS AT the hospital right by Miguel's side. Her guilt about what had happened was immense, and she knew that no matter what happened, she was going to make it right. Part of her felt responsible for what Tory had done too, and it was eating her alive.

So much so that she hadn't gotten checked up at all for her wounds.

Cyn was watching the news, her friend Moon singing about peace making her scoff slightly. Ever since this whole karate thing had started, there was no peace, and as long as it continued, so would the pain. She looked up as someone blocked her view of the tv, her expression softening slightly.

"Miggy would appreciate you being here, but he'd also want you to go to school." Carmen spoke with a sigh, sitting next to the girl.

"I can't go back yet, Carmen. Not now." Cynthia shook her head, holding back tears. "I just need to be here for him, okay? I need it. Theo is here too, and I don't know what's going to happen to either of them—"

"You staying here and making yourself worse isn't going to help him when he wakes up." The Diaz woman sat up straighter, clearing her throat. "You're hurt, I can tell by how you are sitting, and if you aren't going to get checked out, at least go and get your education."

There was a pause in the room as tears were now clouding both of their eyes.

"Now, go. Before I have to call Bianca, or your father." Carmen insisted, the young girl beside her sighing as she pushed herself out of the chair. "If he wakes up, i'll call you."

"Okay." Cynthia's voice cracked slightly, dreading the idea to go back to school.

Especially after that terrible day two weeks ago.

CYN STARED AT THE BIN HER ITEMS WERE IN as it went through the metal detectors. She herself had only been suspended one week, but this would be her first day back in two. She didn't want to face the people who had come out with no scratches.

Especially since Miguel and Theo were fighting for their lives.

"You're good to go." She was ushered through the detectors, and when there was no beeps, she was free to grab her things and go.

She was, however, irritated to see that not much had changed since she had left.

"After everything that happened, you guys still won't get off each others backs." Cynthia rolled her eyes as she stood between three Cobra Kai's, and three Miyagi-do's, one group consisting of Hawk, and the other containing Demetri. "Unbelievable."

"They did this, by messing with our dojo." The Moskowitz boy spoke, sending a glare in his ex best friends direction.

"It's not our dojo anymore, i'm quitting karate." Cynthia sucked in a deep breath, shaking her head. "and next time you want to defend Cobra Kai, remember you put one of your own in a hospital bed just because you were jealous of him."