17. I Want One

2011

2011

Mary sits in her chair in front of Tony's boxing ring. He wanted Happy to train him in fighting skills to better help him as Iron Man. The godmother flipped through her magazine as Tony practiced his boxing with Happy. The music Tony was playing was blaring through the speakers when Pepper walked into the makeshift gym.

"The Notary's here!" Pepper announced as she walked completely into the room, "Can you please come sign the transfer paperwork?" She called to Tony. Mary's godson was transferring the title of CEO of Stark Industries to Pepper. When Mary first heard about this, she was shocked. But over time, she knew it was the better decision than for Tony to stay on as CEO while he was being Iron Man.

"I'm on Happy time." Tony shouts back as he continues to through his punches at Happy. The driver was sweating much more than Mary thought he would, between him dodging, Tony managed to land an uppercut punch to the other man. "Sorry." He muttered in apology.

Happy looked at him in shock and Mary knew he was slightly pissed as well, "What the hell was that?"

Tony bounces in place to keep his momentum, "It's called mixed martial arts. It's been around for three weeks-"

"It's called dirty boxing. There's nothing new about it." Happy snaps back.

"All right, put them up. Come on." Tony states as the notary walks in, both men turn to look at the woman. Mary follows where they're looking, seeing a redheaded woman Mary hadn't met before.

Pepper walks beside where Mary is sitting, smiling at the godmother, then looks back at Tony, "I promise you this is the only time i will ask you to sign over your company." Pepper quips, Mary smirks at the strawberry blonde woman she's known for years.

The notary walks over to the two women, opening her binder for Pepper to sing where she needed too, "I need you to initial each box." The woman said, Mary watched her closely then her hazel eyes glanced back at her godson. She watched Tony stare at the notary until Happy nudged him int he head with his boxing glove, causing the godmother to chuckle.

"Lesson one.. Never take your eyes off-" Happy starts but Tony punches him in the gut, sending the driver into the corner of the ring and knocking the air out of him.

"Happy?" Mary questioned, sitting up in her chair, "You alright, bud?" She asks her friend as the notary looked up as Pepper continued to initial where she was suppose to.

The boxing ring bell dinged and Happy took off his boxing gear, "Yeah, i'm good, Elizabeth." He mutters, groaning as he says, "That's it, i'm done." Mary nods in reassurance, then looks back at her godson.

"What's your name, lady?" Tony quips.

"Rushman, Natalie Rushman." The notary says, and it clicks in Mary's mind as to who the notary is. She's heard that alias before. She'd heard it before from her close friend, Nick Fury. She was one of his agents. But why, Mary didn't know. She'd have to call Nick to find out more if he'd tell her more.