"It's not like we'll have the wedding today" Ren said rolling her eyes, "We'll have it next year"

"Yes, because that makes it so much better, right?"

"Tessa!" Jane scolded me, "Serenity is right, we can disagree all we want, but it's her choice in the end" She said, "Be happy for her"

Yes, I should be happy for her.

If she's happy, I'm happy. I'm very happy.

"Fine" I said.

"Yay! It'll be so much fun preparing for it!" She said.

She was right. It was fun preparing for it. It even helped me stop thinking of Leo. I didn't stop thinking about him entirely, but he wasn't on my mind that much when I was with the girls.

However, I was so distracted that one tiny detail escaped my mind.

Leo was Ares' best friend.

Obviously he'd be at the wedding.

It didn't really cross my mind until I was getting ready for the wedding.

I was doing my makeup for the wedding when I realized that 'tiny' detail.

Jane must have noticed my expression and walked over to me.

"Are you okay?" She whispered not wanting to disturb Serenity.

It was her day after all.

"What? Yes, I'm fine" I said putting on a fake smile.

She sighed, "You know, Leo will probably be at the wedding" She mumbled.

I sighed as well and closed my eyes for a few seconds, "I know"

"I know you might feel uncomfortable, but please bear with it for a few hours. We can be together all the time if you want so you're never alone and feeling awkward" She said with a subtle smile, touching my arm.

"Thank you" I said smiling back at her.

I felt a little more at ease when I thought about that. I didn't have to talk to Leo. I didn't even have to see Leo. I just had to be there for my best friend's wedding. That's all I had to do.

I smiled at myself and then moved on, doing my makeup.

________

The wedding had started and Jane and I were next to each other. I had managed to avoid Leo by now. I didn't even know where he was or if he was actually here.

However I couldn't get him out of my mind.

"Tessa, let's go a little closer" Jane said walking ahead.

I nodded and was about to take a step ahead when someone caught my wrist.

I panicked, but I didn't make a sound and tried not to react because I didn't want to disturb anyone or ruin the wedding.

Who is this?

"Tess" I heard a familiar low voice in my ear.

I knew immediately who this was.

His voice, his warmth, his scent, the way my body reacted everything was the same.

I gathered myself and tried to come to my senses.

"What do you want?"

"I wasn't going to do this, but you're so beautiful" He whispered. I could feel his lips moving against my ear as he spoke.

The big hand that had caught my wrist was now rubbing it soothingly and for a moment I felt like I couldn't hear anything else but his breathing. My whole world was just him.