Chapter 48 - Leave My Sister Out Of This

Start from the beginning

"Then why is Tessa calling me hysterical?" Before he could respond, Dante pointed a finger in his direction and stepped closer. "You yelled at her for what happened between us, told her to mind her business or something like that."

"She's being dramatic." Nate shrugged his shoulders, his voice low but still a strong enough tone as he met Dante's gaze. It was clear that he was not here on friendly terms, but Nate was not going to back down simply because she got her older brother to harass him over it. "We got into a little argument, that's all—"

He hadn't even realized there had been a smirk on his lip, only noticing when Dante growled, "You better wipe that little smile off your fucking face." Dante stepped closer, using his height as intimidation which made Nate swallow hard but keep his chin high. "The fuck do you have to argue about?"

Nate paused for a moment, taking another sip of his beer. "She was the one to ruin what we could've had."

"What the fuck are you on about, Nathan?" The belittling instantly struck one of Nate's nerves, seeing the snort as if he had said one of the dumbest things Dante had ever heard. "You drunkenly said that we didn't have anything and that you never wanted to be a part of my life."

He shook his head. "And I—"

"Stop doing that," he snarled, slamming his palm into the open beer can, sending it flying across the room, hearing it splatter against the wall.

Nate's eyes had drifted to the trajectory, raising his eyebrows in shock that this had just happened. He was taken aback that Dante reacted this way, specifically to him, and he furrowed his brows as he faced him. "You don't need to be violent."

"Oh trust me," Dante chuckled threateningly, "you have yet to see violent."

This was not heading the right direction and Nate swallowed hard, lowering his eyes for a second. He didn't want to physically fight Dante, but the room was terribly hostile that he wasn't sure if it would happen or not. Regardless, he was going to stand his ground to Dante.

"Look, I know I was drunk that day but I fucking took it back."

"It does not matter if you fucking took it back or not, the person that ruined it was you." He shoved his finger against Nate's chest, causing him to stumble a step backwards. The push has been surprisingly hard that Nate had to focus on his footsteps not to fall backwards. "I wanted to be with you Nate but you're the one that made fun of me to my fucking face."

Nate shook his head. "How many times do I have to apologi—"

"People that make fun of me are dead," Dante hissed threateningly, stepping towards Nate with his jaw clenched. "They die, I kill them. Do you know how lucky you are to be alive right now?"

He exhaled a long breath. "Dante, I was fucking dr—"

"We talked about this shit already," he chuckled in disbelief, interrupting him and furrowing his brows. "I don't care that you apologized Nate, I'm out of your life for good and we agreed on that."

"I never agreed to th—" Dante interrupted him again; it was almost as if all these thoughts were rushing through his mind at the same time that he couldn't stop himself from spouting them.

"Why are you causing trouble with my sister all of a sudden?"

Nate shrugged his shoulders. "Raphael said she's the one that convinced you."

"Convinced me of what?"

"To end things with me."

Dante exhaled a sharp breath, placing his palms on his waist. The mixture of the disappointment and rage he felt was apparent on his contorted face, even through the sharpness of his tone as he hissed, "How can you be this dull?"