Chapter 15- Opening Up

Start from the beginning

"This nearby trail I often go to sometimes, no one really knows about it so you're the first person I'll ever bring" She says.

"Ah, ok" I say.

Dang, I'm... kind of honored to be honest.

After some more time of talking and also some peaceful silence between us, we reach the trail.

It was pretty much like a usual trail, dirt ground, shit ton of trees surrounding everything, people occasionally walking by, it was beautiful. 

So because of that, I quietly say in amazement:

"Woah..." 

Kyoko notices my expression and I can see her smiling while looking at me.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" 

I nod.

Kyoko walks up ahead, meanwhile I kind of slow down my walking pace a little to sort of admire everything.

She notices that and looks back at me.

"Don't slow down, there's still a lot more to see" She says, with that same smile.

"Right" I say with a nod and running a little to catch up.

This is... honestly really great, the walk was really peaceful.

As per usual, we had some silence between us as we walked further into the trail, and when we would talk, it was mostly about random but meaningful things, and also Kyoko telling me something about the trail.

It was then I started to realize, Kyoko's... usually stoic around... heck literally everyone in our class, the only time she really ever showed like her genuine emotions was around Makoto, Hina and I.

Not to mention, she's mentioned like nothing involving her past and stuff.

Which y'know, I understand, I mean I've literally said NOTHING about myself to anyone other than the fact that I'm an Archer, I like video games, and like heck, I think that's it.

Also, I did kiiiinda lie that one time about me going home to see my family.

But, anyways, going back to the whole thing about Kyoko, I can't just straight be all like:

'Hey! Mind telling me about you and your past and why you're so stoic, because I don't know, I just got a sudden realization and I want to know more about you!'

Yeah, no.

Taking advantage of the current silence between us, I decide to come up with something in my head while it still lasted, of course, I had to be lowkey about it.

And so I came up with:

"Hey, uh, Kyoko?" I ask, nervously.

"Hm?" She says.

Hoo boy, here we go.

"I was, uh, just wondering, because y'know, you said you're the Ultimate Detective, how long have you been doing detective work for?" 

Ok, going good Y/N, but holy shit I hate myself for being so hesitant in the way I talk. 

Goddamn I hate the way I talk sometimes.

Before I could mentally self deprecate myself further, she responds.

Thank. God.

"How long...? Ever since I can remember. I come from a long line of detectives. Detective work is in my blood. There was a time when being a detective was considered a sacred duty. My family's always seen it that way."