Johan Dvorak

Johan Dvorak is a minor character appearing in the Jem animated series. He is Peter's grandfather and Danse's great grandfather.

SERIES
Jem
ROLE(S)
Support character
OCCUPATION
Farmer
PERSONAL INFORMATION
SPECIES
Human
GENDER
Male
PLACE OF
ORIGIN
Zagreb, Yugoslavia (now Croatia)
STATUS
Alive
HAIR
Gray
EYES
Dark brown
RELATIVES
Peter Dvorak (grandson)
Nadia Dvorak (granddaughter-in-law)
Giselle Dvorak (great granddaughter)
Anna Dvorak

ABILITIES
Kindhearted
APPEARANCES
FIRST
APPEARANCE
Homeland, Heartland (1988)
APPEARANCES
Homeland, Heartland

History

Despite his age, Johan is a kind and good-hearted old man who still works hard at his farm. He is more than meets the eye, though, and knows everything about Danse's family history, although being just a peasant, he is very cautious about who he opens to.

When Danse visited Zagreb while working on The Holograms' new music video, they took a break to visit the Dvorak family farm, where they met Johan. Giselle (Danse) told him that she was Nadia Dvorak's daughter and he immediately recognized her face as the vivid image of his grandson's lost wife. Moved to tears, he revealed who he really was and invited everyone for dinner that night at his house.

Sensing that the rest of her newfound family didn't really want her there, Giselle abruptly stood up from the table and stormed out of the house. It was there that Johan explained that she made the wrong assumption, but could not come clean with the truth as he ran the risk of losing his farm if he wasn't cautious. However, he told her that "a mountain man who has nothing to lose" could explain her everything.

Johan took her to his grandson's house in the mountains. After an accident provoked by the Zagreb ballet artistic director, Victor Krosach, they brought an unconscious Giselle to the house, where she finally met her long thought-to-be-dead father, Peter Dvorak. However, Peter rejected her at first and it was thanks to Johan's intervention that he agreed to listen to Giselle's part of the story, resulting in both being reunited at last.