38 - Attack on Bangtan

Start from the beginning

Odessa continued to glare at the young man, skeptical of this new information. "And how did you acquire this information?" she asked.

"Let's just say I have connections," he replied, smirking as he realized he had her attention. "I promise you I can give you Bangtan on a silver platter, you just have to make sure I stay alive."

Odessa considered the offer. She wanted nothing more than to get rid of Ryder, but right now he had a vital piece of information that she really needed. In order to be able to expand her empire and achieve her goals, she had to eliminate the competition, and Bangtan was the biggest thorn in her fucking side when it came to that. Last night was all the proof she needed, since she was sure after learning about their presence that they had to have been amongst the bidders who got ahold of her girls.

"If you're wrong about this, I'll kill you myself," she promised, ordering the men to let him loose while she pulled out her phone, immediately pulling up Geunsoo's contact. "Call a meeting, we've got work to do and we've got to move fast."

~☾~

Taehyung groaned as he trudged down the stairs, tiredly rubbing his eyes as a yawn escaped his lips.

"Look who finally decided to get up," Jin teased, even though he himself had woken up only ten minutes prior, the cup of coffee in his hands still scorching hot as he leaned against the kitchen counter.

Yoongi glanced up from his spot at the table, nodding as Taehyung greeted everyone.

"What time is it?" he rasped, moving slowly as he grabbed a bowl before pouring himself some cereal, occupying the seat next to a quiet Jungkook.

"Almost two in the afternoon," Namjoon mumbled, eyes still focused on the papers in front of him while Hoseok was also going through another pile from last night's bids.

The atmosphere was slightly tense, the rustling of papers and clinking of metal the only sounds resonating throughout the room. No one spoke, each member lost in his own thoughts.

Jungkook kept glancing up at Yoongi and Namjoon, jaw clenched as he recalled the events from last night. Namjoon had a long talk with him when they got back to the base after getting kicked out from the auction. The discussion didn't go well, some heated words exchanged between them before Jungkook disappeared into Charlie's room for the rest of the night.

Namjoon happened to glance up, eyes momentarily locked with Jungkook's as he let out a small sigh. He went back to focusing on the papers, but the words blurred together as he thought about their argument from last night. His stomach clenched, the guilt settling in as he kept thinking about how he had failed him, how he had failed as both Jungkook's mentor and Charlie's. He recalled his conversation with Jin last night as well, and how Jin disclosed his observations from last night. It's all my fault, I was supposed to protect them.

His attention was pulled from his miserable thoughts when Hoseok called his name, asking a question about one of the transactions from last night as Namjoon leaned over to take a closer look.

Yoongi glanced up as he heard their voices, observing Namjoon's tense demeanor while he tried his best to help Hoseok. After getting back home with the remaining members last night, Yoongi had pulled Namjoon aside to reconvene while dismissing the others to get some rest. Namjoon informed Yoongi about Jin's suspicions that Charlie had been drugged, which explained her strange behavior and her new affiliation with Ganghan. His eyes then shifted to the youngest member, who was glaring daggers at him. Someone needs to tell him.

"Alright, I'm heading out," Jimin stated, adjusting the collar on his button-up as he stepped foot into the kitchen. He noticed Taehyung's presence, greeting him before glancing up as Yoongi called his name.