𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 8: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐌 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌

"I can see ghosts and demons, dad."

Tears came to my father's eyes as all he could do was stare at me from a distance. I took a step forward, which only made him walk back. My heart felt itself bounce on the surface of my chest rapidly. Each beat it took, it went faster than any speed it ever gone.

"Yamira, don't say that. I've been trying my best to keep bad spirits out!"

"Dad, it's true!" His face remained unchanged. I walked closer to him again, this time he didn't step back. "The cinema. Remember the police said witnesses saw many different things? The girls and I saw a demon."

There was silence. I can't stop here. I need to tell him more. "We've been so caught up in it, the girls and I decided to investigate. Our outing we had, we secretly went to a paranormal shop in the middle of our errands. We were able to find out some things."

By this point, my dad's speaking reduced to shivering whispers. "What things?"

"What exactly demons are."

He stood still, his mind roaming around in circles trying to get hold of what was being said. All the questions in his mind were too complex and hard to spit out. "How long has this been happening?"

"What?"

"How long have you been seeing things?"

"Ever since we came here."

"How are you so sure it isn't your imagination playing with you three?" One of my eyebrows went up. He still doesn't fully believe me? I noticed my clenched fist and decided to let it go. I get it. It must be hard to be revealed to such things someone you know has gone through without your knowledge. All I needed to do was tell him. Flashbacks of previous encounters of the demons came to me.

"Demons tried attacking me two separate times other than the cinema incident."

He shook his head, but I nodded. His hands roamed up to my shoulders and gripped it tightly. It looked like he was about to pull me in for a hug, but kept me at a distance. "You're telling me this whole time you've been more than traumatised by this and told me nothing?"

"I was afraid bad things were going to happen to you as well!"

"I'm your dad! I'm here to protect you! I would put your life over mine if I needed to, but considering what you're telling me, it's about time I start doing it." My heart unexpectedly warmed up at what he told. I didn't know he cared for me to that extent. I catch myself before I let out a big smile. "Also how the hell did you manage to escape demons two times? I wasn't at home and neither was Ali--"

"That's also related to something else I've been meaning to tell you."

His eyes started to water up. He couldn't be mad at me at this point anymore. All the initial anger I saw in his eyes turned to guilt. "What is it?"

"Uncle Michael helped me."

He let go of my shoulders, stepping back in shock once again. He repeated what I said. I repeated back to confirm what I said was not a mistake. He opened his mouth to ask another question, but all that came out was stuttering and elongated 'umm's and 'uhh's. At a loss for words, he closed his mouth and sighed.

Just then, I felt the empty dining room behind me hold another figure.

"Don't doubt the girl, Theo." I turned, my dad following my gaze. We turned to someone very familiar leaning himself against the doorway that separated the kitchen and dining room. "I really am here."

I turned back to my dad. He gasped. "Michael..."

"Been a while, Theo. I hope you don't mind me interrupting you two."