"Yea, I'ma talk ta' later tho" Eli said, not wanting to talk anymore.

"Aight bro, love ya." Kobe said, "Love ya too," Eli said and hung up.

He wasn't trying to talk to anyone if it wasn't Lai. He was tired of everything. Tired of his peace ignoring him, tired of not getting no sleep. Tired of everyone telling him everything was going to be okay when he felt like it wasn't.

The conversation with his dad started to run through his mind again.

"I'm tryin' ta' give her space but I can't. Why won't she let me explain first?" Eli huffed. 

"You gotta understand at the end of the day, she just saw her abuser and rapist with her boyfriend just chillin. Even though you didn't know, that's not going to look like a good picture to anyone, especially the victim. You gotta let her process her thoughts together or she's going to act off emotion and something else might go down that neither of y'all will want." Sean spoke, patting his back.

"You look rough as hell. When was the last time you got some sleep?" Sean curled his lip, Eli side-eyes him before shrugging.

"I'm used to her bein' next to me or on the phone when I see so I haven't been sleepin'?" He sighed rubbing his hands down his face.

Sean smirked at his son "Oh I see why you actin' like a crazy man na' " He chuckled.

Eli furrowed his eyebrows "Because my girl isn't speakin, ta' me and I'on know if she is okay fr" He said.

"You love her," Sean said simply.

Eli's eyes widened "L-love? no. I care bout her but I'on know bout love. We haven't even been dating long" He shook his head.

"Love doesn't have a time limit. I knew I loved yo' mama within 1 month of us datin. How long y'all have been dating has nothing to do with the fact you love that girl and you know it and ain't anything wrong with that either." Sean spoke.

"That can't sleep, can't eat, can't breathe, and on cloud 9 typa of love. Feels like just knowing she won't talk to you driving you insane. Like like a weakness" Sean spoke.

That conversation has been on his mind for 2 days now. It was undeniable that Loralai made him feel different. She made him feel important and cared for. She made him feel like a priority instead of a second option. The way she planned little dates for him.

He loved everything about her, the way her soft voice speaks, the way she talks about what makes her happy. The way she curls her nose or has her tongue out when she is drawing. The way she likes to be babied sometimes then acts like she doesn't. The way she makes him happy is the most important part of what he loves about her.

The more he thought about it, the more he came to the realization that he did indeed love her.

As well as the more he thought about it the more it was breaking his heart that she wasn't speaking to him. Hearing her cries and screams how hurt and scared she was from seeing Major broke his heart.

He sighed when his phone went off. He was about to turn it off if everyone didn't leave him alone.

Love💕

Hey papa, I'm sorry for going ghost on you this past week. I just needed to clear my mind.

Please don't be mad🥺

I was wondering, if you're free could we talk maybe?

It's okay Lai, I understand. I'm not mad at'chu.