Chapter 6

Before Kirishima knows it, they are pulling up at the restaurant. Bakugo pays the driver and then the two get out. The blond grabs the other's hand and they walk in. The restaurant wasn't anything fancy, but Kirishima knows the food there tastes as it should be. They take a seat and start ordering drinks. As the waitress walks away, Bakugo starts looking through the menu.

"The others said you like this restaurant. Get whatever you want, it's on me."

"What?! No! I can pay for both of us instead."

"Hell no! This was my idea so I'm paying!"

After a little bit of bickering, they decide that Bakugo will pay for dinner and Kirishima will pay for the movie and snacks. The redhead waits for the waitress as Bakugo continues to look through the menu.

"Aren't you gonna look at the menu?"

"Nope! I know exactly what I want."

Bakugo chuckles at the response.

"Okay then."

Soon the waitress comes back with their drinks and they order.

"I can't wait! Their food is sooo good Kat!"

"I bet it is if you are this excited."

"Just wait, you will fall in love with it just like I did!"

Bakugo bursts out laughing, which causes Kirishima to get a bit embarrassed.

"Why are you laughing?!"

"Because it's cute how much you like this place."

Kirishima gets even redder with embarrassment now.

"I-what?!"

The blond then realizes what he said and gets just as embarrassed.

"Uhh...never mind. Forget I said that."

"Well...if we are admitting things...I think you're cute when you laugh."

Bakugo's face gets even redder.

"I-shut up!"

The blond hides his face with his hands. Bakugo didn't necessarily dislike the comments. He honestly wishes that the redhead would continue. Bakugo looks up at the other and Kirishima smiles. The blond smiles back before looking away. Their food comes out shortly after. They both eat it up pretty quickly.

"Mmmm~that was so good!"

"Not gonna lie, it wasn't that shitty."

"See, I told you!"

The waitress comes over and cleans up the table.

"We'll take the bill."

The waitress nods and goes to get it for them.

"We will have to come back here again."

"Yeah, totally! But I'm paying next time."

"We'll see."

Bakugo pays and they start walking to the theater. It's not very far, so the two thought it would be a good idea to walk. Bakugo looks down at this watch to check the time.

"Right now it's 19:30, we got a good amount of time before it starts, so no need to rush."

"Okay."

After that, it was quiet between the two. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was peaceful. The sun was setting and the sound of birds chirping could be heard as they walked.

"I really want to hold his hand. Should I do it? Fuck it, I'll regret it if I don't."

Kirishima quickly grabs the blond's hand before he talked himself out of it. Bakugo shoots him a confused look before looking away. The blond's hand was sweaty like usual, but it didn't bother Kirishima.