"I'm being serious. For your safety. Don't investigate like our bother." Eros sighed. "This is bigger than what it seems."

"How so?"

"Because the person who's waving this debt over our mother's head is unknown. They could be any and everywhere and they would do anything to not compromise their business." Eros shook his head.

"It's hard to stay out of it when I was attacked. Eros, our mom is somewhere scared. We have to help her."

"We can't. Don't you understand? Mom is a dead man, alive." He sighed. "She's in hiding for a reason. So stop trying to find her and stop putting your nose in this."

He grabbed his coat before walking out. I sighed while sitting down at my desk.

~

"No. Too much flour Athena."

"You said four cups!" I huffed.

"Yes. But you overfilled the line." Kaleb shook his head.

"Here, you stir this batter." He handed me the bowl.

"No! I wanna do it. Please let me do it." I crossed my arms. "Please! Please! Please!"

"Okay fine. You're like a kid."

I smiled before dumping the flour out in the bag. I grabbed the spoon and began digging the flour and placing it into the big measuring cup.

"When I was little. I remember my mom let me bake cupcakes with her." I smiled to myself. "And she'd always take flour and dust it on me."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Then we would make the icing. We made sure to make two batches. One for the cupcakes and one for us to eat." I shook my head.

"The icing is tempting."

"I hold a lot of resentment towards her, but I miss moments like that. Moments where I was a kid. My brothers call me selfish for wanting to find her, but a girl needs her mom. No matter what." I shook my head.

"Your not selfish, Thena. Don't ever feel that way." Kaleb said. "My father walked out on me when I was young. It hurts knowing that someone you love is out there but they don't want you."

I nodded. "Yeah. Boom. Four cups."

Kaleb and I finished the cupcakes. They turned out amazing. I stared at the tray, smiling to myself.

"Cupcakes." Tobias smiled while picking one up. He took a bite before coughing. He grabbed a napkin before spitting it up.

"Oh wow." I sighed.

"Athena made them." Kaleb smiled.

"Makes sense." He said before placing it back down. He tossed away the napkin before walking out of the kitchen.

"What's up with that? He would've eaten it regardless if it was nasty."

"He's mad at me."

"Still? I would've assumed you two would make up."

"Me too."

"What did you do?"

"A lot." I sighed. "You can throw them away, I know they're disgusting. Let me know when dinner is ready."

I walked out of the kitchen. Tobias sat in the living room, flipping through his magazine.

"Can we talk?" I questioned.

"I'm busy."

"Please. Tobias."

He placed down bus magazine.

"Go ahead."

"I didn't tell you the truth because it's deeper than what you think Tobias."

"Athena, I told you I don't care."

"Please just listen, okay?"

"Fine."

I told him the entire story, making sure not to leave out a single detail. His face remained the same. No expression.

"So once again, you're protecting your father."

"No, Tobias. Don't you understand, I'm protecting my family. Anteros, Eros, my dad, my mom, and Bia. They want my mom dead and if I rat them out, they'll make it happen."

Tobias sighed. "I understand, Athena. You don't get the principle."

"What principle?"

"You could have told me. You had me taking hours off work trying to find who did it and you knew."

"I know. I lied to you and I'm sorry, but please forgive me."

"I don't know if I can. I hate looking like a fool and I hate being lied to." He stood up. "I'm going to my office."

Tobias was prideful, no matter what, and when someone destroys his pride, it angers him. He was angry at me and it would take a lot for me to make it up to him.

My phone buzzed it I picked it up.

"Kels, what's up?"

"Check the news."

I sighed while turning on the tv.

"Vince Solana has been arrested on multiple chargers of drug distribution and possession. The story is still developing but we'll have more news as the story builds."

"Kelsey. This is not good. This is not good, I'm not safe." I shook my head.

"You need to leave that penthouse right now."

"Tobias! Tobias!" I yelled.

He hurried in the living room.

"What is everything okay?"

I pointed towards the Television.

"We need to leave, now."