The First Day

((Y/n)'s POV)

Today is Luz's first day of school. Eda, Luz, and I all walked to school. Luz had her entry exam today. Luz and Eda are walking ahead of me while I fall behind. Luz seems excited about going to Hxeside and I'm excited for her and all but I think Eda is starting to like Luz more than me.

I wish I didn't care but it just hurts so much. Don't get me wrong I like Luz and she's a nice person and a great friend. She's just too good a person. She has this skill to make friends with anybody and just be someone everyone loves. Heck, she even got Amity to be her friend.

I realized that we had arrived at school and Luz and Eda had stopped at the front doors and they were both looking at me.

"Have a great day at school kid all see you after okay?"

I tugged my hood further covering my face. "Yeah bye Eda" I walked into the school. I heard Eda's faint sigh it was probably in annoyance. I walked to my first class and started fidgeting with the end of my uniform just trying to get through the day.

~Time Skip~

I walked home from school stopped at the front door. Hooty had his headphones on but when he saw me he shook them off. "Hey (Y/n), how was your day at school?"

"It was long, how was your day?"

"Boring, Luz and Eda came back after Luz's test thingy and she seemed excited so I assume she got in"

"That's nice for her"

"How do you feel about that hoot" Hooty slowly turned his head around causing me to laugh.

"Hooty stop that creepy" I continued laughing.

"Hoot" Hooty just continued turning his head.

"Okay Hooty as much as I love hanging out with you I should probably head inside. See you later." I walked inside and finally pulled my hood down.

Just as I took a breath I head running closely followed by the sound of falling down the stairs. It was Luz and she came running up to me.

"(Y/n) (Y/n) (Y/n) guess what?"

"I think I can guess"

"I didn't get in the baby class, we are going to be classmates, along with Willow and Gus, ohh and Amity"

"I'm happy for you Luz but don't be surprised if I'm not there whenever Amity around okay?"

"Okay I understand, are you ever going to tell me what's up with the two of you though. If you don't tell me I won't be able to help fix it"

"No Luz no fixing, you shouldn't be involved with this at all"

"But-"

"Promise me you won't get involved in any way shape or form?"

"Okay I promise"

"Good" I tried to think of something to change the subject. "So uh when is your first day"

"Oh, I start tomorrow. I'm really excited"

~Time Skip~

I along with Eda and Luz were flying on Eda's staff on our way to Hexside. Luz is wearing a Hexside uniform, though the normal uniform part is lighter than most and her sleeves and leggings are very light gray.

"Mmm, we gotta go back. This was a mistake! I'm gonna mess things up again and everyone will see, and-" Luz started to worry.

"Right, you gotta calm down. What are you nervous about? You've been to school before."