𝟬𝟬𝟱. 𝗚𝗜𝗟𝗕𝗘𝗥𝗧

Start from the beginning

So, there I was, in my car. I was sitting on the backseat when suddenly my car door opened. I forgot to lock it. I gasp and scream, ready to jump him but then I it's Derek. "Why is your car open?" He asks and I shrug.

I let out a shaky breath, he scared the living shit out of me.

"I forgot." I say and he just sighs. "Why aren't you home?" I look at him, frowning at his concern. home, funny word. "Why do you care?" I ask and he furrows his eyebrows. He was staring creepily at me when we first met, and I was too nervous to say anything. But now I have found myself again.

"Scott seems interested in you." He says and I roll my eyes. "I could give a damn if Scott's interested in me." I say and he sighs. "What was your last name again?" He asks and I frown. "Please leave." I say and he sighs.

"You're not living here are you?" I stayed quiet, not answering. "Look," he starts, sounding frustrated.

"If you want to, I have a loft where you can stay until you find somewhere else to live." He sounded pained. I look up at him confusingly. "You sound like you're debating whether to give me your favourite candy or not. Please, don't bother." I snap. I don't need his charity. 

Derek rolls his eyes. "I'm serious Max." He says and I frown. "Why are you doing this?" I wasn't used to someone being interested in me, this was very foreign. It was always Elena.

"Because I like you." He says and I frown. I couldn't give it much thought as he changes the topic. "Let me drive." He says, grabbing the keys from the closed cabin. How did he know...  Much to my dismay, he started driving, towards the loft he so desperately wanted me to go to.

"You're not gonna murder me are you?" I ask and he chuckles, a sound I want to hear more often. "No." He says and looks at me through the mirror.

"We're going to try something with Isaac, the guy you saw earlier, I need you to not go against the guy Peter. He doesn't like strangers." He says and I stay quiet.

"Okay." I say after a few minutes and he nods. We arrive at his loft and I left my stuff in my car. Just grabbing my bag and some clothes. He obviously has something better to do, so why again does he want me here? 

It wasn't just him being nice, I could see in his eyes that he's hiding something. but what?

We get in and I hear someone talking. "You know I'm starting not to like this idea. It sounds dangerous." I realise he is talking to Derek and it was the boy, Isaac.

He was pacing around and Derek sat down, a pained expression on his face. "You know what? I definitely don't like this idea and I definitely don't like him." Isaac says and Derek just stares at the ground. "You'll be fine." Derek says and Isaac stands still by the window, turning around facing me.

"Does it have to be him?" he asks and looks at me with a puzzled expression. I shrug and look at Derek. "He knows how to do it, I don't." I figured out they were werewolves. Scary.

"It'd be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself." Derek says and Isaac puts his hands on the chair. "You know Scott doesn't trust him right? Well personally, I'd... I'd trust Scott." Isaac tries and Derek finally looks up at Isaac.

"You trust me?" He asks and Isaac nods. "Yeah." He says and Derek looks at me, raising his eyebrows. He's not asking me this right? "I still don't like him." Isaac says and Derek sighs.