22. Société

Preview - This says a lot about our society.

Awkward silence –

SH: Why do people assume silence is awkward and feel the need to fill it with annoying useless chit-chats? JK: silence is golden. SH: How long can you stay silent? JK: Not very. SH: you're the type to break it. JK: you can go into mediation mode surrounded by people and not care. SH: True. You can't help but engage in conversation to make people in your surroundings comfortable. JK: <sad> You say it like it's a bad thing.

Phone use on a date -

SH: I do it all the time, there's nothing wrong with it. JK: Isn't it rude. SH: Let's be honest, rude is pretending to be interested. JK: Well, it's better than misleading the person. SH: Or walking out, I want to finish my meal, play on my phone and then go. JK: What if it's someone you like? SH: I would be sending naughty pics of myself and texting stuff I could not say out loud because we're out in public. JK: <giggles> That's very considerate of you. SH: Aren't you going to ask me like what? JK: Ok, like what? SH: Like, smd. JK: STFU.

Opening the door –

SH: Nope, can't do it. JK: What if your date wants to open your door? SH: And make me look bad? That's one of the ten commandments. Thou shall not make me a fool.

Love thy neighbor –

SH: That's cheating. Pass. JK: <giggling> No comment.

Going Dutch –

SH: There's always that one person who doesn't pay, and we end up short. JK: Really? SH: You're the type who would make up the difference, instead of shaming the person and teaching him a life lesson. JK: I normally pick up the whole tab. SH: Are you bragging? JK: Sary. SH: Doesn't going dutch mean, I'm not interested in you, but I don't like to eat alone? 

JK: Does this even apply to you? SH: I've gone dutch before. JK: When, with who? SH: You on Valentine's day when I invited you to dinner, but it ended up costing more than I had, so I ask if you wanted to go dutch instead. JK: What? Was I supposed to have salad instead?

JK: What about when you wanted to go dutch on new years, but didn't want to make it sound like you were asking me out? SH: But you ended up paying? JK: Oh, that's right. Smooth.

Virtual reality –

SH: What about it? JK: Aren't there certain rules you need to abide by? SH: Don't tell me you read the consent and liability form? JK: I mean you should conduct yourself in the same manner as you would in real life, right? SH: No, that's the whole thing, you don't need to be yourself. You can be someone else and do things you want, that you can't in real life.

JK: Like what? SH: Like if I wanted to kick you're a* or f* it, I can without your consent. JK: <was that redundant?> What? That violates my privacy. Where would they get my image? SH: Haven't you tried? You just insert a photo, and the VR will generate you into the session. And I select your personality. JK: Right, the algorithm has a 40% unpredictability. SH: D* it, I thought the VR was faulty. It felt like real life. I wanted a refund. How do we game the system?

JK: Should you be working so hard in VR, when I'm right here? SH: Yeah, but I never tried it in space, with superpowers or as aliens. JK: That's what you want to do if you had superpowers?