20. Deity

Preview - The evolution of love and morality.

SH: Hey, Jakey, I need your undying attention. JK: Why? SH: My fans are pleading for an Asian romance drama with immortals. So my agency was looking to do a remake of a classic from a decade ago. JK: What are your choices? 

SH: So there is one, where I play Habaek, the water god to charm a mortal in competition with a resort CEO, without my powers due to unknown reasons. JK: Like bad script? SH: But there's also a water goddess who has a one-sided crush on me who doesn't like anyone to steal me away from her. And this wind god who has an old-sided crush on her, despite knowing her feelings for me. 

JK: This food chain of love sounds messy. SH: What great love story isn't without drama and conflict? JK: True. What else?

SH: How about where I play a fire god and I unknowingly slowly fall for this delicate flower fairy who turns out to be the flower goddess, but at the same time protect the mortal realm from destruction by the Dark lord. JK: You have time to mess around with a little fairy when you need to save mankind? SH: I can multi-task. JK: <shook>

JK: Why would you fall for her? SH: She has a pure heart with altruistic views but does not understand the meaning of love.  JK: <sounds like SH's type without a brain.> SH: <she sounds like JK without a brain.>

JK: What's her superpower? SH: She can heal and make things grow, iykwim. JK: STFU.

SH: So you do know what I mean? JK: A 12 yo going through puberty knows what you mean. I'm not naive. SH: More like clueless when it comes to love. JK: But I love everyone. SH: That's the problem. JK: <pouts>

JK: So what's the catch? SH: I need to woo her, but she's unable to feel emotion. JK: Why? SH: Her mother the water goddess learns that her unborn daughter will suffer a great love trial, so she gives her baby girl a magical pill that prevents her from feeling any emotion or falling in love. JK: Thanks for the assist mom. SH: Don't you mean ruining your life? JK: That was sarcasm. 

SH: There's a plot twist, but the connection is bad today. JK: Shouldn't you be reading the script instead? SH: Why else would I be asking for your help, Mr bookworm. 

JK: Well how's it gonna end? SH: I don't know, I haven't finished watching the drama yet. But don't I always get the girl?  JK: If that's what you want? SH: <shook> And save mankind at the same time, otherwise, why else would we be here, right? JK: <tries to compute, tilts his head puppy-like, thinking his priority is off with bad logic.>

JK: So who's playing her? SH: They're still looking. JK: Are there any kissing scenes? SH: Why? Jealous? JK: Me? <F* yeah> Should I send over a food truck <to let everyone know you're mine>? SH: If you feel the need? JK: Should I send you flowers, maybe on your first and last day? SH: If you think that's best. JK: What else should I do?

SH: <shrugs, with a smirk> JK: Let me call my bros?

JW: Hey Jakey, what's up, I haven't heard from you for a while. How's it going with you know? Are you waking up to his enormous shoulders and stunning beauty that would start your day off in bliss for the rest of your life? JK: You're on speaker with Hoon next to me. JW: Oh, hey, hi Hoon, I'm JW, JK's best bro. He tells me everything. But I'm still waiting on the low down on you two, like yesterday.  

JK:  <hangs up> I don't know him.  <looks at SH, and giggles> hahaha, wrong number?

J: Hey Jayla, what's up, don't tell me you need a stand-in? I'm your man. I got your back. I'll be right over to give Hoon a back massage, that'll soften him up, a trick of the trade. I got magic fingers I can bend, and a F* ^*&()&%^%%) that no one can resist. And if you need fashion advice, I'll have to charge, nothing's free in life. And I'm no different. Catch my drift?

JK: <hangs up> Why I'm I getting these strange calls.

HS: Hey Jaeyun, what's up. Make it fast, cuz I'm busy with my cb. Don't tell me you need my enormous shoulders to lean on and my stunning beauty to help you sleep well tonight. Well, I have a problem with people ignoring my talent and judging me only for my visual. It's no wonder someone like Hoon would get me and appreciate my honesty.  Hand the phone over to him so I can profess my love for him.  JK: WTF, Hee. You just cross the line. HS: What? It's not like you're married. He's still fair game.

JK: <hangs up, looks at Hoon> You must get this a lot?

JK: <changes the subject> Any other options? SH: Plenty. JK: Maybe you can run some polls with your fans. SH: I did, under an anonymous name. JK: What is it, so I can follow you? SH: Jaylalover. What's yours? JK: Hoonlover. <they giggle> SH: Really? Why can't I follow you? JK: It's private, how about now.

SH: So what's up with your friends, I thought they were your bros? JK: Apparently, in the sight of a true visual, they lose their morality. SH: It happens. JK: <shook>

<After googling the meaning of love, because it's always a competition with them>

SH: So is love moral even without legal marriage? JK: But isn't marriage immoral without love.

SH: If you want to be great, you must serve willingly and love greatly.

JK: All acts that originate in love are moral. All acts that originate in hate are immoral.

SH: Might I offer you some advice? Forget everything that you think you know. JK: What?

SH: You're a man looking at the world through a keyhole. You spend your whole life trying to widen that keyhole. To see more. To know more. And now on hearing you can widen the keyhole in ways you can't imagine, you reject the possibility. Do not reject the possibility.

JK: Of what?  SH: <winks and blows him a kiss, then gets up and does his body roll and pelvic trusts> JK: How do you do that? SH: Do what? JK: Turn something so beautiful into something vulgar.  SH: It's a gift. JK: <shook>

JK: Arrogance and fear still keep you from learning the most simplest and significant lesson of all. SH: Which is?  JK: It's not about you. 

SH: Sometimes one must break the rules in order to serve the greater good.

JK: We don't get to choose our time. Death is what makes life meaningful. To know your days are numbered. Your time is short.

SH: Your intellect has taken you far in life. But it will take you no further. Surrender. Silence your ego. And your power will rise.  - Dr. Strange

<What is love?>

Bonus -

JK: Are you trying to tell me something?  SH: <looks back menacingly> Are you trying to tell me something? JK: <looks back even more menacingly> No. Nothing. Nothing at all.