8. Horizon

Preview - Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

<JK decides to avoid SH at all cost, not sure why just that he was afraid of losing himself. He kept running into him and walking the other way. Going out for a jog, to the gym, supermarket, book store, or café.>

JK: Ok, stop stalking me. SH: I was going to tell you to stop stalking me. I called my agent to get a restraining order to keep you at 1-mile radius away from me. JK: What? I'm not following you. I don't know how I keep running into you, where I didn't before. I'm going to all my usual places. SH: Same. JK: You don't need a restraining order, I wasn't stalking you, I was avoiding you. SH: Oh, I thought your reaction was because I caught you stalking me. Why are you avoiding me then?

JK: I have my reasons. SH: You're afraid of falling in love with me? JK: F* No. What is with you? SH: Well, then what? JK: S* I don't know. I'm not good at these mind games. SH: I'm not messing around. Say your peace and go. JK: You're a F* moron, it's no wonder you don't have friends and are still single. SH: Is that it? JK: Yeah, thanks. <turns around and walks away, almost sobbing not sure why, feeling like he just lost Layla all over again, barely holding his tears in, doesn't look back.>

<JK couldn't understand why he kept running into him. He's pretty sure neither are stalking the other. But how did they not run into each other before? Too much of a coincidence to run into each other now and not at all before. This was strange.>

<The next time they run into each other, they greeted each other and went on their way, this persisted SH spoke up.>

SH: How are you not stalking me? Did you get a hold of my schedule? JK: This is my normal routine, I even started changing my routes and times to avoid you. Maybe we didn't notice each other before. <pause> JK: This is very awkward for me too, I'm sorry. SH: What do you want from me? JK: Nothing, nothing at all. I live here in Cheongdam, my place is nearby.

SH: Why aren't you working, if you're a CEO? JK: Me, I'm taking time off for myself, laying low because of my mag cover. SH: What's wrong with it? JK: It's embarrassing, I sound like I'm pimping myself. SH: <chuckles inside, and refrains from laughing> You're serious aren't you? I thought they did a good job, your branding probably went up significantly because of it.

SH: You know, I'd F* you based on that cover, but now that I know you, no can do. You're less interesting in person. JK: WTF, you just insulted me. SH: Take it as a feedback. I normally don't give a F* about anyone. JK: <shook> So you're saying I should be grateful for even being able to talk to you. SH: Something like that. JK: F* When did you become so arrogant, cynical and jaded. SH: What do you mean, I've always been that way, thanks.

JK: So you're saying I'm less attractive when I open my mouth? SH: Pretty much. JK: So you're saying you would have F* me before just based on visual, but now you want nothing to do with me because you know me better. SH: Yeah, that sounds correct. JK: But if I get a boner for you, that wouldn't work either? SH: What are you getting at. JK: Well, I feel the same way, now that I know you better, I wouldn't F* you either. SH: You're just saying that because I said it first. JK: It doesn't matter who said it first. We both feel the same way.

SH: Fine. JK: Fine. <15 mins later> SH: So what does this mean? JK: Back to a fake relationship? SH: That's what I was thinking. JK: Ok, it's settled then, I'll text you the contract. <ding> SH: That was fast. JK: I had already drafted it, it just took longer to agree to it. Apparently, F* got in the way. SH: Should we add a F* clause? JK: Just did. If we F* each other, the contract is terminated. SH: Perfect. We can append to it with other details on living arrangements. JK: Ok.

SH: Anyone I bring home to F*, you're not allowed to touch. JK: Dido. SH: Your friends are not allowed at our place. JK: Fine. SH: Since I travel a lot, I can move into your place. JK: No problem. You can have the west wing. SH: We go out to eat weekly in public for show. JK: We visit my parents and friends monthly for dinner and social gatherings for show. SH: Fine. JK: We can try this for 6 months, and renew it annually.

SH: You must conduct yourself suitably for someone of my caliber. JK: Dido. SH: We can't have anyone else at the house. JK: Who's going to cook and clean for us? SH: They can't be trusted. JK: Fine. Wait, what about your F*? SH: They all sign a non-disclosure. JK: Wait, why can we do the same for the cooking and cleaning staff. SH: The people I F* have reputation and money. The staff don't. JK: Right. Have you don't this before? SH: No, but my agent kept pushing for it for years to improve my image.

JK: So when you have a F* over, what I'm I suppose to do? SH: Are you asking if you can watch? JK: No, F* no. WTF. We need to add no walking around the house naked for you or your guests. SH: That's not going to work. I need to feel comfortable in my own place. Just look away. JK: No, then I'm uncomfortable. SH: Why are you so protective about your own F* body? JK: It's called modesty. Get some. SH: F*, Ok, I'll take them to my place. Happy? JK: You're still not allowed to walk around naked at my place. That my rule. SH: Fine. Does that include socks? JK: Not funny.

SH: By the way, I sleep naked. JK: What? Then why did you steal my sheet? SH: It was funny, to see what you would do. JK: Well, we're in separate rooms, so it's ok. SH: What? I can't come out? JK: You're still wearing boxers right. SH: I guess? I don't always check. JK: You're messing with me again? SH: No, it's true. I sometimes need water in the middle of the night.

JK: What if we run into each other? SH: What do you do at the gym locker? JK: I don't look. SH: Problem solved. JK: Ok, I guess. SH: Would it make you feel better that if I do have a boner, I don't expect you to feel obligated to service me in any way. JK: WTF, why would I? I don't know if you're serious, savagely quick-witted funny, or just messing with me. SH: Just trying to help you. JK: You have a funny way of trying to help me? Do I need to add that into our contract? SH: No, it's a gentlemen's agreement, with a pink swear handshake. JK: Ok, done.

SH: Unless I was drunk and there was a medical situation. JK: WTF? SH: No, I don't mean the servicing part, I mean what if I was drunk and I slipped in the tub, and bleeding naked. You're going to be able to help me, dress me and take me to the hospital, right. JK: Well, yeah of course. That's an emergency. 

SH: What if you had to resuscitate me? JK: Well, of course. I know CPR. I know how to swim well, so if you're drowning, I can rescue you. SH: No, I think you would have a problem with kissing me, and I would die. JK: Is this a joke to you? You're not really serious about this whole thing, are you?

SH: No, I am Jakey, I just got sidetracked, I got bored. Keep going. JK: There is nothing more for now. Here sign it. SH: Done. We are officially a fake couple. I'll have my agent set up a press conference for our announcement. JK: Wait? That means I'm coming out of the closet. SH: You mean no one knows you F* guys? JK: No, not that, but I think my life trajectory has deviated to the unknown. And I'm actually kinda excited. I want to make this work. SH: Me too, Jakey.

<Only through deviation can we innovate>

Bonus -

<Sometime before>

SH's Agent: A producer wants you in his next bromance. Your fans have been screaming for a bromance. SH: Do I get a pick with who? SHA: No, they already have a big celebrity in mind. SH: I don't know, it doesn't feel right.  SHA: This is a great opportunity. SH: For who? SHA: They're thinking of someone outside of the entertainment and sports industry this time.  We would expand our market share. Isn't that what you want? 

SH: I don't know anymore. SHA: What? Has something changed? Wait. Are you seeing someone? SH: <looks back surprised> No. SHA: Don't you want to know who the other person is before saying no? SH: <looks out into the Horizon thinking there's only one person in the world for him> No. SHA: <sighs thinking Jakehoon would be the greatest bromance>