————

Another day came along, which meant more walking. It was about an hour after dawn and neji and I had been walking since. We wanted to get up at dawn to make sure we got to the village earlier.

Neji: we should be there within five hours.

Me: that's not too bad. Guess we were further along than we thoughts.

Neji: I guess so.

Me: hopefully this mission won't take us long. Being a guard is not my thing.

Neji: you just prefer to fight.

Me: that's correct. So I hope this ninja shows up and I can finish him.

Neji: well, who knows.

Me: they say he shows every night, did they not?

Neji: yes, that's quite true.

Me: so if they don't, then it's someone in the village who knows we're coming. It'll be easy to narrow down anyhow.

Neji: I never even thought of that. But why would someone within the village want to attack their own home.

Me: I'm not sure. There's so many questions now in the world, it's insane.

Neji: you can say that again.

Me: do you know if theres any update on the akatsuki yet?

Neji: no. It's quite strange that they haven't attacked us in awhile. They came once, then disappeared. They're up to something.

Me: they disappeared a little while after Sasuke left too. Itachi, his brother, is in that group. Do you think that it's someway connected?

Neji: what do you mean?

Me: perhaps they met up and talked. It's all so strange.

Neji: it's not impossible, but he was set on killing him.

Me: back when him and I first met, I tried to talk him out of killing him since he may have had the story all wrong.

Neji: you think it worked?

Me: I'm not sure. It might've. It is all just.... Strange. Ya know?

Neji: yes, I get what you're saying. I've noticed it too actually.

Me: when we report back, I'll have to talk to lady tsuande about that and my lack in missions.

Neji: hopefully she will have some answers.

Me: let's hope.

———

Arriving at the village was a breeze. Neji and I had met with the leader there and were led to our room, that we for some reason had to share. It was quite a small village, so it was possible they didn't have a lot of space for new welcomers, it was understandable.

Once our bags were down on the beds, we were led out to the entrance of the village to take guard. They gave us some food for the time being and would give us more when needed.