-26-

Today was a good day. I finally had a mission and I was to go with neji. Tenten, rock Lee, and guy were out on their own so neji couldn't go with his team, plus it was only a two man job. Sadly I couldn't go with Sai since he was off doing something else.

I felt pretty happy even though the mission was simple and was with someone I've never done a mission with alone. We were to guard the border to a village a little while away from ours. Someone would usually come in, and since it was a small village, they didn't have many ninja or defence people. So neji and I were to protect the entrance to capture the ninja who had been sneaking in. He was more than likely a rogue one considering he had killed a few innocents, stolen items, and just caused chaos.

Neji and I had already began our journey, walking through the path in the forest outside of our village, quite a ways away.

Neji: how hard do you think it'll be to take down this ninja?

Me: to be honest, he doesn't seem so skilled. With your eyes, and your way of fighting plus mine, I think it'll be fairly easy.

Neji: we've never been sent together before, I hope we get to do it more often.

Me: me too. It's nice actually getting to go with others.

Neji: so, how are you and Sasuke?

Me: we're good actually. Hes stayed the night a couple of times now.

Neji: that's good.

Me: yea, what about you and tenten?

Neji: what do you mean?

Me: she clearly likes you.

Neji: she does?

Me: yes you moron.

Neji: well, so sorry I didn't know that. I'm not interested in the dating life anyhow.

Me: lighten up neji.

Neji: I am lightened up.

Me: nah, you're not.

Neji: oh whatever. Let's just try and get this mission done.

Me: don't be in such a rush. I haven't been out in awhile.

Neji: well thats odd. We've all been getting missions here and there.

Me: odd. Maybe I'll talk to lady hokage once we return back to the village.

Neji: might as well. You shouldn't be excluded for whatever reason. You're in the anbu as well which means you should be getting a lot more than everyone else.

Me: yea I know- wait, did you ask me to be your partner?

Neji: yes.

Me: how come?

Neji: over the past months we've gotten to know each other better and I would like for that to continue. I thought we'd make a good team.

Me: awe how sweet.

Neji: let's set camp here and we will walk to the other half tomorrow. Sound good?

Me: fine by me.

     We both stopped and set up the tent. We only brought one fair sized one since we could both sleep in it. It would be less to carry with us so it wouldn't slow us down much. He insisted on being the one to carry it since he claimed himself as stronger and didn't want me to do it since I was carrying majority of the food.

Once the tent was set and we placed our bags down inside, we got our sleeping bags set up and then we crashed for the night.