16. The Manor

Magsimula sa umpisa

          "No," I said, shaking my head while I took another bite of the chicken. "Jerr didn't have the  time, unfortunately. He just showed me my room, and this dining hall."

          Lotta giggled as she answered, "That sunburned wolf. I can show you around after you've finished eating if you'd like?"

          "I would like that very much, thank you," I said as I nibbled at my food.

          And so, after I had finished not one, but two plates of food, Lotta showed me around

          And so, after I had finished not one, but two plates of food, Lotta showed me around. First, we had walked back to the main entrance hall, where I had entered with Jerr earlier. On our way, we had passed one of the living areas, that Lotta had quickly shown. It had lots of soft looking couches, a fireplace in the middle and tables at the large windows. Some wolves were chatting in the room and looked up as I entered with Lotta. So far, the dining room and the living areas had big glass doors at the end, that viewed on the gardens.

          But Lotta barely gave me anytime to take any of it in, before she dragged me out of the room to return to the hallway. It had a very high ceiling, centered with a shimmering chandelier. Light came through the multitude of windows that surrounded the room.

          We had come from the right hallway, but there was also a hallway on the left side, and some very big stairs in the middle of the room. My bedroom had been in the left part of the Manor.

          "So, the right part is for eating and living. Which you know, since we've just been there. There's two dining halls. The one where we just ate is the most used, the second one is for more.. Formal occasions. We also have more than one living area, but they all look the same, really. The kitchen is at the end of the hall and is attached to both dining halls. The left hall are the sleeping quarters, for the lower ranked wolves. Like yourself," she confirmed as she walked with me in the direction of the left side of the building. "Do you remember what room they assigned to you?"

          "Yes, it was in the second corridor on the right, third room on the left." The big hallway had four separate halls, lined with a lot of doors that gave entrance to sleeping quarters of other wolves.

          "Okay, perfect," she chirped as we marched towards my room. "The bathing chambers and lavatories are in the two rooms at the far back of your hallway. Every sleeping hall is designed basically the same, by the way."

          When we arrived at the bathrooms, I quickly peeped in and saw the room itself was split up in several closed off cabinets, that looked large enough to host a bathtub. I lived with eight other wolves in this hallway, that made nine in total. Lotta told me she lived in one of the corridors at the far end, which had larger rooms. It was because she'd grown up here, she was assigned a larger bedroom. She apparently also had her own bath.

          After she had given me the full minute to take a look at the bathing chamber, she dragged me back to the hallway, where she led me upstairs. Lotta greeted every wolf we passed, and as I did the same, I only got distrusting looks in return. I guessed news of my Fire Moon origins traveled fast. "The first floor has some more sleeping chambers, and a few other living areas. No dining halls, though," she said as we quickly walked through some of the upstairs living rooms. They were all pretty much furnished in the same way as the one we had seen downstairs. "The second floor has sleeping chambers for more important wolves," she explained. We couldn't exactly stroll around in their private chambers, but she still showed me the hallways of the upstairs.