Prologue - Dear Friend Across the River

A/N: Be sure to vote and comment if you liked the chapter or story in general.

Rakken's POV:

Terror that's all I felt right now, surround by fog the sky a deep red. As I continue to try and get my bearings a injured enforcer starts aproching me. His gun at the ready as he pulls the trigger nothing happens and he shifts his gaze to the gun. When he does I charge him not allowing him time to fix what's wrong with his weapon. As soon as I tackle him I start trying to find breaches in his armor.

Finding one on his side I stick my hand in clawing at his skin. My other hand soon finding one on his shoulder near his neck. Tearing flesh from his side I struggle to get my hand to his neck through the breach. The enforcer not being able to find a way to get me off. I'm then able to get to his neck pulling a couple chunks out as I'm getting to his guts with my other hand. Then I hear a bang echoing around me. Soon I start feeling a searing pain and heat from my side.

???: Get off him!

Pulling away from the one on the ground I take his guts and more of his throat with me. Only to be struck in the face with a rifle but. Lashing my arms out I hit one of the enforcers in the legs making him fall back. Only to feel something skim pass my head. Realizing I can't fight both of them I take off running in a random direction. Hearing gunfire I speed up as fast as I can. It hurts so much.

Grabbing my side I feel a small amount of blood dripping and hot metal sticking out of my skin. The bullet must be stopping me from bleeding more I shouldn't mess with it till I can find something to patch myself with. The sounds of guns going off stops and I slow down. I search around to find something to help me.

???: Dear friend across the river
My hands are cold and bare.

This singing, it's so... Soothing. I start to follow it, trying to find where it's coming from.

???: Dear friend across the river
I'll take what you can spare.

Soon I find two girls one with pink hair and the other with blue. The blue one being the one singing, she is smaller then the pink one. As I aproch them the blue one notices me. Then she start to pull the bigger one to me with her not stopping her song.

Blue: I ask of you a penny
My fortune it will be
I ask you without envy.

When she gets close she sticks out her hand out to me. But the Pink one tries to pull her back. Before they could get to far I place my head against Blue's hand. She slowly moves her hand ruffling my hair a little.

Blue: We raise no mighty towers
Our homes are built of stone.

I nuzzles my head into Blue's hand with Pink starting to move her hand to my head. As she and Blue pet me my pain starts to lessen. This feels good, it's so soothing. Just like Blue's singing.

Blue: So come across the river
And find the world below.

Blue stops singing as we all notice a very large man with iron fists. As he sees us he looks away to some of the dead bodies. Only for the girls to look over and start crying. Turning back to me Blue hugs me tightly petting my back as she does. Then Pink huddles close to us putting a arm around Blue and a hand on my head petting it. Wrapping my arms around both of them I nuzzle closer to Pink's hand.

Hearing two bangs one after the other. I tense up a little hugging the two tighter. Only for the big man to walk over to us. Picking up the three of us I notice that he doesn't have iron fists anymore. Then I hear a louder bang and look over the man's shoulder to see a enforcer pointing his gun at a dead body.