14

firebolts and christmas cards
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry and Y/N walked back through the passageway in silence. This time, the journey was way longer.

Y/N, Ron and Hermione kept an eye on Harry at dinner, making sure he was alright, even though he didn't want to talk about what he heard.

He didn't even talk to Fred and George when they asked him if he and Y/N got to Hogsmeade. He just went straight upstairs to his dormitory.

"You should go talk to him," Hermione said to Y/N. "You know him best."

"He hasn't said a word in the last 2 hours. What makes you think he's gonna talk now?" said Y/N.

"He's upset, Y/N. Just make sure he's ok."

Y/N walked up the stairs to the boys dormitory and knocked on the door. There was no answer, so she slowly opened the door.

Harry was sitting on his bed looking at the photo album Hagrid had given him 2 years prior.

Y/N sat next to him. "You never get tired of these photos, do you?" she said.

"How could I?" Harry said after not talking for the last few hours.

He stopped on the photo of his parent's wedding day.

Neither of them had ever payed any attention to the best man in the photo.

It was only now that they realised it was Sirius Black.

Harry slammed the album shut and stuffed it back inside his bedside table.

"Y'know, Harry, it's ok to be upset," said Y/N, placing a hand on his shoulder. "And it's also ok to talk to someone about it."

Harry then proceeded to tell Y/N about what he heard about Sirius Black being his parent's best friend and how he betrayed them by selling their location out to Voldemort.

He had to admit, he did feel a bit better after telling her.

"If I'm being honest, I wasn't expecting you to talk so I don't really have a speech or something prepared but... I'm proud of you, I guess," said Y/N.

Even though she had a fucked up sense of humour, she still made Harry laugh with her terrible puns, jokes and way too straightforward honesty.

"Besides, tomorrow is the start of the holidays. Just forget about Black for awhile, he doesn't deserve to take up any of your thoughts," said Y/N.

"Thanks, Y/N," said Harry.

"No. We're not doing any of that sappy shit," she said. "Because I've got a great idea."

"What?"

"We are gonna make Christmas cards for the Dursleys!" she said, pulling Harry up off his bed, both of them laughing. "Make sure they're as magical as possible! Oh, they are gonna love them!"

---

Harry and Y/N really did spend the rest of the evening making Christmas cards for the Dursleys in the common room.