2

when two best friends are separated

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/N hadn't seen Harry since they showed her parents the letters.

It was September 1 and Y/N was being sent to an all-girls boarding school to 'straighten out her behaviour.'

She was still asleep until she was woken by a rapping on her bedroom window. She stepped out of bed and made her way to the window.

A white snowy owl sat perched upon the window sill with a letter tied to its leg. Y/N opened the window and the owl stretched out its leg for her to remove the letter. In the letter, wrote in messy handwriting read;

Dear Y/N,

I'm really sorry for not telling you where I went. You see, the Dursleys got so sick of the letters, they made us spend the night in the middle of nowhere on a rock. Then this giant man named Hagrid came and gave me my letter. I know why random old people stop me on the street, and apparently it's because I'm famous! My parents never actually died in a car crash but they were killed by this dark wizard named- well I don't really know how to spell it. But no one says his name anyways. Everyone just calls him 'You-Know-Who.' And he tried to kill me too but he couldn't and that's why I have my scar.

But, by the time you're reading this, I'm on the train to Hogwarts.

I'm really sorry Y/N, I really am. I asked Hagrid could we come at get you but he said that Dumbledore never gave him the order to get you.

But I promise Y/N, I'm going to ask as many people as I can if there's a way you can get to Hogwarts. I swear on mine and your dead fish's life.

We can still send letters to each other though. Just tie your letter to my owls leg- oh yeah, Hagrid bought me an owl for my birthday, not your typical present but I love her. Her name's Hedwig. Oh back to sending letters, just tie your letter to Hedwig's leg and she'll know where to take it, I hope. That's what Hagrid said anyway.

Again, I'm so sorry but I'll try to come home for Christmas.

-Harry

Y/N didn't know how to feel. On the one hand, she was happy that Harry hadn't forgotten about her but on the other hand, she wanted to go to Hogwarts with him.

She didn't necessarily like this 'Dumbledore,' since he didn't allow Harry and Hagrid to come and take her away to Hogwarts with them.

Y/N didn't have much time to write a full reply, so she ripped a sheet of paper from the notebook on her desk and wrote;

It's fine. You don't have to be sorry just tell me everything that goes on in Hogwarts.

-Y/N

She did what Harry said and tied the letter to Hedwig's leg. When she was done, the snowy owl flew off to Hogwarts.

Hedwig was lucky. She could fly to and from Hogwarts whenever she wanted. She could see Harry every day if she wanted.

Y/N could do neither of those things.

---

The school year was passing by quickly. Y/N had received and sent countless letters to Harry over this time. Harry had a lot to say about Hogwarts; there was an evil professor that never washes his hair, a troll made its way into the castle at Halloween, another professor that isn't evil but can turn herself into a cat and a bleach blonde brat with daddy issues, just to name a few.

Harry also told Y/N that he was a seeker in the school's Quidditch team. He was the youngest seeker in a century!

He also finally learned how to spell Voldemort.

But Harry never came home for Christmas, neither did Y/N. Y/N was forbidden to come home since she made something in the classroom explode.

She didn't know why or how it happened, all she knew was that she was feeling a strong emotion at the time.

Harry and his other friends, Ron and Hermione, were trying to figure out what this power Y/N had was. Hermione being the smart one knew it had something to do with magic, which kind, she didn't figure out yet but she would send Y/N extracts from different books in the Hogwarts library that might have the answer they're all looking for.

It was about a week before the end of the year and the beginning of the summer holidays. Y/N had received a letter from Harry at lunchtime and it read;

Y/N,

We're going to find the stone. Snape's going to steal it tonight. We've found out a way to get past the dog though, Hagrid let it slip that it falls asleep to music.

I can't wait to see you during the holidays!

-Harry

They were going to find the stone.

Oh God.

---

Y/N was driving home in the car, still reading the most recent letter Harry wrote her. He managed to save the stone but it wasn't Snape who was trying to steal it, it was Quirrell! He had Lord Voldemort attached onto the back of his head and Harry killed him with his bare hands, he kind of glossed over that part.

Y/N's family had just pulled into their driveway what seemed like just minutes after the Dursleys. While the Dursleys were moving all of Dudley's bags inside their house, Harry was waiting outside the house for Y/N.

Y/N had completely forgotten about her bags as she nearly fell over her own two feet running towards Harry. They both hugged each other like there was no tomorrow.

''I missed you so much.''

''I missed you too.''

''But I missed you more.''

When Harry and Y/N finally pulled apart, Y/N noticed the bandages on Harry's arm. ''What happened you?'' ''Um, that's a long story. But look what Hagrid got me.'' Harry quickly changed the subject by opening his trunk and taking out a photo album.

He and Y/N spent the rest of the day in their tree looking through Harry's photo album, with him explaining every photo and who was in it. After going through the whole album, Harry listened to Y/N complain about her school and everyone there.

Y/N was excited. Maybe this year, she would get to Hogwarts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1055 words

well Philosopher's Stone is done. This chapter was shorter but I think it had more fluff.

It's so hard writing about 11 year old children like all they do is play Roblox and watch weird YouTube videos.

And that's why I just want to say that the story will officially start in Prisoner of Azkaban but I'm hoping that Chamber of Secrets will last only one chapter but idk yet.

welp I hope you could tolerate this mess

have a good day my friends

-zoey