8

dementor attacks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the next morning and everyone was getting ready to leave for King's Cross. Ron and Hermione were arguing about Scabbers and Crookshanks, again.

Mr Weasley, who had been waiting outside for the Ministry cars, stepped inside and said, "They're here."

They walked outside to find two old-fashioned dark green cars, each of which was being driven by a furtive-looking wizard, wearing a suit of emerald velvet.

"In you get, Harry," said Mr Weasley.

Harry got into the back of the car, along with Y/N, Hermione, Ron and, to Ron's disgust, Percy.

The journey to King's Cross was very uneventful compared to Harry and
Y/N's trip on the Knight Bus.

They reached the station with twenty minutes to spare; the Ministry drivers found them trolleys, unloaded their trunks, touched hats with Mr Weasley and drove away.

Mr Weasley kept close to Harry's elbow all the way into the station.

"Right then," he said, glancing around them. "Let's do this in pairs as there are so many of us. I'll go first with Harry."

Harry and Mr Weasley had fallen into the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Harry had told Y/N that this is how you get onto Platform 9¾, but he had also told her what happened last year.

Y/N paired up with Hermione. She closed her eyes and they ran towards the barrier.

'Please don't be a joke. Please don't be a joke.'

Hermione nudged Y/N's shoulder.
"Y/N, open your eyes."

Y/N opened her eyes and there stood a scarlet steam engine, puffing smoke over a platform packed with witches and wizards seeing their children onto the train. The sign above them read;

Platform 9¾

The Hogwarts Express

Percy and Ginny suddenly appeared behind her. "Ah, there's Penelope!" said Percy, smoothing his hair.

Y/N tried to hide her laughter but Hermione scolded her. "Don't be so rude!"

Mr Weasley had led the way to the end of the train. Everyone loaded their trunks onto it, stowed Hedwig and Crookshanks in the luggage rank, then went back outside to say goodbye to Mr and Mrs Weasley.

While Mrs Weasley was handing out sandwiches to everybody, Mr Weasley pulled Harry behind a pillar and was talking to him in hushed whispers.

The train was about to leave and Harry still wasn't on.

''Arthur!'' called Mrs Weasley. ''Arthur, what are you doing? The train's about to go!''

Y/N heard Mr Weasley call back, ''He's coming, Molly!''

There was a loud whistle. Guards were slamming doors shut. Steam was billowing from the train; it had started to move.

Y/N, Hermione and Ron were already on the train and were calling his name.