13

we solemnly swear that we are up to no good
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry stayed in the hospital wing for the rest of the weekend.

He didn't mind but he would not let Madam Pomfrey under any circumstances throw out the remainder of his Nimbus Two Thousand.

"Harry, I know that you're kinda depressed right now, but you're being pretty dramatic. It's an oversized paintbrush. Get over it," Y/N said when she came to collect Harry on Sunday evening.

"Don't act like you wouldn't be upset if your first ever broomstick shattered into a thousand pieces," said Harry.

"I think I'd get over a broken piece of wood pretty quickly."

They left the hospital wing but something was on Harry's mind; and no, it wasn't his broomstick.

It was the Grim.

He hadn't told anyone about seeing it at the Quidditch match.

He didn't tell Ron because he would panic and most likely have a heart attack for Harry.

He also didn't tell Hermione because she would scoff and tell him 'it's just a load of rubbish.'

He didn't even tell Y/N.

He didn't know why he didn't tell her, but if he needed someone to talk to about this, she was his best bet.

"Hey, Y/N?" Harry started.

"Yeah?"

"Uhm, don't tell Ron or Hermione this because- uh- well it might end with an argument," he continued.

"Did you kill someone?" Y/N asked.

"Not recently, no. But that's besides the point. Just promise you won't tell them?"

"I promise I won't tell them where you hid the body," Y/N joked.

"At the Quidditch match, before I fell, I saw the Grim," said Harry.

"Ok," Y/N replied.

"Ok? That's it?"

"Well, it's not like you haven't seen it before," Y/N said. "We both saw it during the summer, neither of us died. You saw it during your match, you didn't die-"

"But I nearly died-"

"Nearly never made it, Harry."

There was a moment of silence before Harry spoke again, "I don't like the Dementors."

"Join the club," said Y/N.

"Do you- do you ever feel weird around the Dementors?" Harry asked her.

Y/N stared at him for a moment. "Are you telling me you have a crush on the Dementors?!"

Harry tried to keep a straight face, trying to have a somewhat serious conversation, but what Y/N said ultimately made him burst out laughing, to which Y/N joined him in.