12.Dont take it personal

Start from the beginning

Why Legend got yo phone?

How you know he got it?

Because I called it and he answered.

This boy is really pushing it, why is he even answering my phone. I gotta get my shit back asap I thought to myself. I opened the door to my motel room and Ariel was close on my heels behind me.

So what's up Hope? you been acting real weird and I don't like it. Then you told this Nigga Legend where we lay our heads at, what type of snake shit is that? You must've forgot everything me and my mama did for you.

I'm not acting weird anything. I just didn't like how things went down at Justin's house so I needed to fall back. And I didn't tell Legend no such thing, he asked and I told him absolutely not. I could never forget what Ms.Brandy did for me.

Speaking of Justin's house, I feel like you over reacted. You didn't have to hit Jacobi and run out the house like that. That was a bit much don't you think?

How can you say I over reacted and you weren't even downstairs to know or see what actually happened? Jacobi over stepped by grabbing at my pants and touching me inappropriately. Things like that put me in a bad headspace and I just can't or won't condone it. I was having a good time until he tried to violate me.

Hope they young honry teenage boys, they were just trying to enjoy themselves, all you had to say was no or stop and I'm sure they would have.

Are you defending them?

What? No.

You sure because that's what it sounds like to me. Nothing that they thought was about to happen was going too. Them being horny had nothing to do with me, and I would have appreciated it if you would have told me that you were going over there on that because I would have declined. Did you take me over there thinking I would have sex?

Girl now you just saying anything and I feel like your trying to accuse me of something the fuck.

I didn't accuse you of anything Ariel I clearly asked you a question. Your the only person who knows what I've been through and I would hope that you wouldn't play me like that.

Hope your bugging and I'm starting to get annoyed so I'll see you later.

Ariel left out the room and left me just standing there. I was confused as to how she was annoyed by simple questions. Then the whole checking me about Legend thing. I see she was still putting in that head of hers that she had a chance with him. Then I find it crazy that she didn't say anything about Genesis. But obviously she didn't have a hand in it because she's still alive. I'm sure Legend would've killed her if he thought she was involved. I was so busy in here talking too Ariel that I had forgot all about Sammy, I quickly grabbed my bag then went out to her car and got in.

I'm sorry Sammy, I know you don't get that long for breaks.

It's fine, I saw that you had a guest and girl I'm the manger I can do what I want.

Ok I told her putting on my seatbelt. She backed out her parking spot and headed to the location of my phone. Sammy was a Spanish chick that worked here at the motel, she was 23 and cool as hell. I wasn't the kind of girl who just went out making friends with random girls but Sammy had this real cool laid back vibe that just gravitated me towards her. She could cook her butt off too. She stayed bringing me all kind of Mexican food and it was always so good.

It took us about 20 minutes to get to the location.

It says this the area.

Just ride up the block maybe I'll see his car.

Hope there's always something I've been wanting to ask you.

What's that?

Why are you staying in a motel?

I went silent for a minute.

If I'm being too nosy by all means let me know. I was just curious.

Im basically out here by myself. I don't have any parents just me. So I'm just trying to maintain that's all.

I feel you, I've been on my own since I was 15 so I know how that goes. Just look at me as proof that with discipline and a plan shit will work out for you. I didn't have shit to my name but the letters in it. Now I have a nice lil apartment and a car. It'll get better for you, just stay focused.

Thanks I appreciate that Sammy. I looked out the passenger window and spotted Legends car.

That's his car right there.

The green one or the black one?

The green one, park behind it. Sammy pulled over and parked behind Legends green Durango. I got out the car and walked up to the porch where his truck was parked at and just hoped that this was where he was at. I stepped on the porch and knocked on the door a few times. A few seconds later Legend came to the door.

What the fuck you doing here he asked stepping outside looking around.

My phone, that's what I'm doing here.

Damn, my fault I forgot come in.

No, I just want my phone, I'm in the car with somebody and they have to get back to work.

You had a nigga bring you to me he asked glaring at me.

No, she works at the room I'm staying at.

Oh she in on yo bullshit too huh?

What the hell does that mean I asked him confused.

Nothing, tell her she can go back to work and I'll take you back to yo lil room.

Legend. Give me my phone please.

He smacked his lips then went into his pocket and got my phone.

Here he said pushing it into my chest.

Your so rude.

You pissing me off gone about your business.

I looked at him and I swear I wanted to touch him but I knew better than that so I just turned around and walked back to Sammy's car and got in.

You got your stuff?

Yea, we can go.

Why you look like you just lost your best friend?

I'm good, let's go.

Sammy pulled off and we headed back to the motel. Legend knew how to get under my skin and that bothered me. If I made a list of people I didn't like Julian would be first and Legends name would be right after his. Once me and Sammy made it back, I went into my room and laid down, I was so irritated to the point that I was sleepy so I took a nap.