"If you really want it to feel like old times, I could, uh...chase you around awhile and try to capture you," he said and I could tell he was nervous about the joke, but everyone laughed loudly. Except Katara. Sokka exhaled and raised his cup. 

"To Zuko: who knew after all those times he tried to snuff us out, today he'd be our hero," he said in a toast. Everyone raised their cups. 

"Hear, hear!" Well, again, except Katara. Is she sad about splitting up with her dad? 

After that, Katara got up and left the camp circle. Zuko followed her, and we couldn't figure out what was up with either of them. I hope they figure it out. 

"Well, I'm calling it a night, goodnight everyone," I said and I got up to go to my tent. Sokka followed after me and hugged me from behind, making me laugh. "What's up, Sokka?" He whispered in my ear. 

"You should swing by my tent later tonight, I've got a surprise for you," he said and I gasped. 

"Oh what is it?" I asked excitedly. He came around to the front of me and squished my face. 

"Aw you're so cute when you're curious. But if I tell you, it's not a surprise," he said and he kissed my forehead and ran back to his tent, closing the flap so I couldn't see inside. 

Ok Sokka, you got me. I'll come by later...

Sokka POV

I set up everything for Y/n, lighting candles and setting up roses. I heard footsteps outside my tent and figured it must be her, so I got into position. When my tent flap opened, I turned and smiled, a rose in my mouth.

"Well, helloo—uh Zuko! Yes, why would I be expecting anyone different?" I said quickly as I noticed it wasn't my girlfriend in the tent. I sat up and swallowed the rest of the rose I had swallowed in shock, turning towards him. "So what's on your mind?" 

"Your sister, she hates me, and I don't know why! But I do care what she thinks of me," he explained. I shook my head. 

"Nah, she doesn't hate you. Katara doesn't hate anyone. Except maybe some people in the Fire Nation," I said and then I realized what that meant to him. "No, I mean, uh, not people who are good but used to be bad. I mean bad people. Fire Nation people who are still bad, who've never been good and probably won't be ever—"

"Stop," Zuko said cutting me off. "Ok listen. I know this may seem out of nowhere, but I want you to tell me what happened to your mother," he asked me. I raised an eyebrow, getting serious. 

"What? Why would you want to know that?" I asked. 

"Katara mentioned it before when we were imprisoned together in Ba Sing Se, and again just now when she was yelling at me. It's not that she has a problem with Fire Nation people, she loves Y/n. I think somehow...she's connected her anger about her mother to her anger at me," he elaborated. I guess I gotta tell him. 

"It's not a day I like to remember," I started. I told him about how when we were little, black snow started falling from the sky. The Fire Nation raided our village, and the warriors—though out numbered—fought them off. How they came quickly, and then left all in the span of minutes.

"I was so relieved when it was over, but that's because I didn't know yet what had happened. I didn't know we'd lost our mother," I finished. 

"Wait, can you remember any details about the soldiers who raided your village? Like what the lead ship looked like?" he asked. I nodded. 

"Yeah... sea ravens. The main ship had flags with sea ravens on them," I remembered. 

"The symbol of the Southern Raiders. Thanks, Sokka," Zuko said and I nodded, getting up to escort him out.