Chapter 2 (1/2)

The sun rises. There's eventually a loud and annoying sound that wakes Cade up. He slowly sits up and turns the sound off. He yawns. He looks at me with a smile.

"Good morning. Breakfast?" He says.

I get out of the bed. "You should eat. I don't need it."

"What?? But we always eat together!"

"Then you better eat too."

"Geez... I will. I feel better today. You're a good pillow." Cade slides out of bed too.

I glare. "You call the almighty king of vampires a pillow?"

Cade only shrugs and leaves the room. I seethe in my anger before following. How dare he??

Cade makes breakfast. He goes to feed me. I just stare at him. He frowns. Then he gets food for himself and takes a bite.

"I'm eating. I didn't know the king of vampires cared about an insignificant human like me," Cade says, regaining his smile.

"I don't. I can't have you dying before you find a way to free me though," I say.

"Fine~" Cade continues eating. I only watch him. When he's done, he looks at me. "So do you want this food or not?"

"I don't care either way."

"Well I don't want it to go to waste. Can you eat it now?"

"...sure."

Cade feeds me. Then he cleans up. He checks his watch. As he does so, I remember what I wanted to mention about yesterday. Before the burglar broke in...

"Cade," I say. He looks at me. "Can I see the TV?"

"Oh! Sure. Sorry, I never remember to turn it on. It'll probably be more fun if you can watch TV." Cade goes into the living room and I follow him.

The TV is turned on. I stand mesmerized by the images and movement on the screen. With all the colors, it seems a bit pretty. I sit on the couch to watch what's happening.

"I gotta head to work! Bye!" Cade says. I barely notice him leave.

My eyes are stuck to the TV. I watch it and time goes by incredibly fast. Usually centuries can go by in a flash for me, so this is as if I've been teleported forward several hours. The next thing I know, Cade comes back home.

"Hey, I'm back! I thought of something I want to try," Cade says.

I have trouble tearing my eyes away from the TV. Cade notices because he turns the TV off. I blink and turn my attention to him. He holds up an axe. I stare at it, trying to understand what's happening.

Cade is smiling as usual. "I want to see if I can cut your restraints off!"

Cut them off? I can't rip them off with my strength. I doubt a flimsy axe will work. Has Cade finally gone crazy?

"Come on, let's at least try! I can't find a thing on the spell..." Cade says, at a loss.

"Are you sure you aren't just going to try and cut my head off with the axe?" I ask, eyeing it suspiciously.

"Of course not! I don't want to hurt or kill you. I want to help you!" Cade walks closer with the axe. "Just let me try it once."

I cautiously stand up. Maybe it'll be fine to let him try once. I know it won't work. Hopefully neither of us gets hurt when the axe bounces off. I lift up my arms so Cade can have better aim.

Cade lifts the axe. His smile doesn't help the weird situation. He brings the axe down on the restraints. These restraints look like leather with accents of metal. The axe does nothing to either leather or metal. Not even a scratch.