♛ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 ♛

Start from the beginning

——-♛——-

As I stepped out of the airport, I was immediately met with the sweet air of Lacuna. The air smelled fresh and clean with a hint of vanilla as the gentle breeze dancing through my hair gave me a sense of comfort.

I followed Richard over to a pair of limousines trying my hardest not to gape at the size and sleek polished paint that it had, and slid into the backseat while Richard sat in the front to quietly converse with the driver.

I don't know why they needed to bring two limousines. I just told myself that this college is just very very extra.

I switched on my phone hoping to see a message from my parents, but as per usual, there was nothing. No text, no call, no 'are you okay', nothing.

Ever since their company has gone through the roof, they've been so hard to reach recently, which is exactly why I need to try to build a life here instead.

Feeling tired from the flight, I signed, dropping my phone onto my lap and decided to look at the beautiful scenery of Lacuna for the new few hours drive.

——-♛——-

I awoke a few minutes before we arrived at the school gates.

I woke up even more when the college came into view.

My jaw visibility hung open as we drove through slick polished gates, and descended down a huge circular drive that led to the front of the school. Palace would be a better word to describe this.

The building was stunning. It looked like a fairytale castle with the spiralling towers and intricate designs on the walls.

Lush grass areas with beautiful oak trees gave the school a even more palace like feel to it.

I also noticed a few guards dresses in a deep blue and gold uniform patrolling a few doors and walls too.

As the limousines pulled to the stop at the wide steps leading to the double doors, I quickly thanked the driver for opening my door -and for the ride of course- and continued to take in my surroundings.

I can't believe this is going to be my new home for the new few years.

Still in a daze, I followed Richard, who seemed unfazed by the beauty of the building, up the beautiful stone steps and through the doors to the reception.

The outside of the college was nothing compared to the inside. Stunning white panelled walls with marble floors stretched on for miles, as well as a beautiful grande staircase in the foyer too.

I tried to take a mental note of each corridor Richard led me through so I could find my way back, but I had quickly given up.

Once we had reached the principles office, Richard bid me goodbye with yet again another tight lipped smile and left me to wait for the principle to call me inside.

I sat on a lush royal blue velvet couch, fiddling with my hands as I waited to be called inside. There was someone else currently in there who the principle was talking too, but I couldn't quite make out their features due to the blurred out windows.

All I could hear was muffled talking.

After about fifteen minutes of waiting, I finally heard the screech of a chair being pushed back. I took this as my cue to stand up. I quickly fixed my hair and grabbed my bag, my heart rate already going from 0 to 100 in seconds.

Suddenly the door was pushed open by who I assumed was the principle. He was tall, with striking white hair and brown eyes. He looked young, but old at the same time. I remembered from my research of the college that his name was Principle Hawthorne.

He held the door open for whoever he was talking too in his office a few moments ago.

"Thank you Mr Woods. Have a nice rest of the evening." Principle Hawthorne spoke in a very formal and firm way.

My eyes travelled to the tall figure leaving the office, and I tried not to lose my composure when I saw him.

Walking out of the principles office was the most gorgeous guy I had ever seen. He was tall, with a mop of dark wavy hair that sat on his head. He had beautiful tanned skin, with plump rosy lips. But what stuck out the most was his eyes. They were a striking green, almost an ocean green. Even from here I could see the way they glowed. However, he held a certain coldness to him. He had a powerful aura about him that screamed power, and his face held no emotion but a board, aggravated look.

He looked arrogant.

My breath hitched as he emerged from the office and made eye contact with me. I was a little intimidated to be honest.

It's not really a great start for me.

But that was the very reason I snapped out of my daze, regained my posture, and refused to break the eye contact first and give him the satisfaction that I felt intimated under his presence.

He was clad in the colleges signal suite and tie dress code, black school pants, a white shirt which he had the top few buttons undone and with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His blazer hung lazily from his left shoulder, and his tie hung loose from his neck too. I could also see a golden chain under the unbuttoned shirt resting on his neck too. He looked gorgeous.

But he also looked like a prick.

I started to anxiously fiddle with my hands again as he scrutiny looked me up and down, clearing trying to assess who I was, before he brushed past me, his cologne filling my lungs, before he strode off down the corridor.

I shook my head, telling myself to get a grip. I am not falling down that rabbit hole again. He needs to lighten up a bit.

Focusing back, I turned my attention to the principle and smiled.

"Hi, I'm Clara Rose. I'm a new student here." I gave him a small smile. His face immediately recognised me and he too smiled showing his dimples and pearly white teeth.

"Yes yes, Miss Rose. I have been expecting your arrival. Right this way if you please." He gestured for me to go into his office. I took a deep breath, gave a small nod of my head and entered his office.

——-♛——-

And that is the first chapter...

It was a little rushed so I apologise if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes...

Feedback is much appreciated :)

Chapter two is coming soon

Have a great evening