~3. Not a secret anymore.~

Start from the beginning

"What?"

"Sweetheart, you don't remember much after you brought that bottle to your lips, do you?" Cate chuckled and shook her head in amusement.

Embarrassed, I shook my head.

"Come on get changed and let's go. Your stuff won't pack itself."

"I don't have anything with me?" What did she mean?

"You can borrow something from me. I'll pick something out for you." I interrupted the blonde in front of me.

"What are we talking about?" A frown formed on my forehead.

"You moving in? Vera," Cate laughed. "You better stay away from alcohol."

"Oh. Well, it wouldn't make sense to change, if I'm sweating anyway."

"Then, up, up. Come on." She smiled and I finished up my plate.

We made our way outside. It was actually pretty warm today. The sun shone a little and sent warmth to my face. Birds chirped and one knew Spring began. I walked up to my car, but a warm hand grabbed my wrist and spun me around.

"We're taking mine."

"You really don't have to-" Cate shushed me.

"None of this now. Get inside." I nodded and did as I was told. The seat felt pretty amazing on my ass and back. "Put in the address." Cate ordered and once again I did as I was told.

Maybe it was the fact, that the tea, teh pill and breakfast helped me to feel better, that I didn't argue.

Within the next minutes we were on the road. Honestly, I loved her car. It drove smoother than wiped cream looks.

"What do you usually do on weekends?" I asked.

"When the kids are away?" I nodded. "Mhm..." She tapped the steering wheel, with her index finger. "I try to get my mind off of things that bothered me. I listen to music, read, watch a good movie, work in peace." She laughed, making me smile. I glimpsed over to her. The sun shone beautifully onto her face. Her side profile left me speechless. She looked flawless, with her glasses on top of her nose. Suddenly, her voice caught me off guard. "Staring is rude, miss Staple."

"I admire." I whispered and suddenly, I realized what I had said. My face took on the deepest shade of red and I was forced to twitch my gaze out of the window.

"You know, you said the exact same thing last night." The woman next to me chuckled softly.

After that was said, my face probably could have been mistaken for a tomato. The same shade of red. This was hell.

Luckily, she didn't continue on that topic. Instead Cate turned on music. After a few minutes, I managed to calm down. I wasn't tensed anymore, but I was rarely feeling uncomfortable around her anyway.

...

She exhaled. "Well, we better get started..." Cate spoke as we entered my apartment. Her eyes roamed around the living room and kitchen, whilst I made my way into my bedroom.

I wanted to pick out a clean outfit, to put on after all of the packing was done. Steps reached my ears. "Cate, you really don't have to help me."

"Bullshit. We just need your clothes and stuff out of the bathroom, right?" I nodded. "Where are your travel suitcases?" I pointed at the ones on top of my closet, whilst making my way into the bathroom, where I placed the fresh clothes.

I picked up, a pack of new toothbrushes and toothpaste and made my way back into my bedroom. Cate had placed a suitcase on top of my bed, in which I threw the stuff already. She had opened my closet and laughed.