Chapter 19:Sybil

"Well, aren't you gonna invite me in?" Naomi said with a smile. August just stared at her, he couldn't form words. Sybil watched him, why wasn't he moving? 

"I'm sorry, snakes aren't allowed in this home," Margot said.

"I'm sorry who are you?" Naomi's smile fell. Margot lightly moved August out of the way and was now standing in the doorway.

"I don't think I want to tell you. Please leave before I get the wolves to make you leave." She pointed at the four wolves standing near the house.

"Isn't this August's pack? What say do you have in it?" she looked Margot up and down unimpressed.

"I'm the beta B*tch." 

"Really? You don't look like a beta. Can you move out of my way? I'm trying to talk to August your alpha." She pushed past Margot and was now in the house. August was still not moving, clearly still in shock. Sybil stepped in front of her.

"I'd like to inform you, that by coming into this house uninvited, you are breaking the rules The Order enforces. We can kill you if we want and nobody can stop us." She said.

"Are you part of The Order or something?" Naomi laughed.

"Yeah, and I get pretty violent when vampires piss me off." She said. Her knives were now in her hands she was ready to fight.

"Look, I'm not here trying to cause problems okay, I just want to see my daughter." At this, August came back to life.

"You don't have a daughter. Did you forget that you abandoned her when she was a baby? You don't have any right to her." August said.

"I was sixteen, I wasn't ready for a baby." She replied. August scoffed.

"What about the last eight years? If you knew where we were this whole f*cking time, why is it you are coming around only now!" 

"Actually, I didn't know where you were, or what you were. I found out about it when I was turned."

"Yeah, and when was that?"

"Five years ago."He shook his head.

"So for the past five years you knew about us, and you knew where we were, and never once did you want to come and see her?" 

"I was new to this world okay. I didn't know how to control my thirst or my strength or anything. I also didn't know what you would say to me being a vampire." she said.

"That's not an excuse to not see your kid," Sybil said.

"Sybil don't," August said. She ignored him.

"So what if you got turned.So what if you're a vampire now? You always knew about your daughter and you always knew where she was. You left that little girl without a mother for eight years. Do you know what that does to a kid? It makes them feel like it was their fault and like something has to be wrong with them for their own mother to not want them. I get that you were sixteen, but you knew that August had your daughter and you knew you could have asked to see her be a part of her life a lot sooner, but you didn't, because you're selfish."

"Who the hell are you to tell me how to be a mother?" Naomi snapped. Sybil's hold on her knives tightened. 

"I'm the one person you don't want to piss off. And if I want to tell you how to be a mother I will, because you're a terrible one. You can't come back after nine years and expect to just hug your kid and have her forgive you for abandoning her."

"Sybil! Stop!" August boomed. Sybil looked at him with a raised eyebrow. She shook her head. 

"Daddy?" Myah's small voice came into the room."What's wrong?"