eight; false pretences

Returning to work the next day, despite not being on the roster nor had the particular desire to work, Milly had too many questions for a bystander to have

Returning to work the next day, despite not being on the roster nor had the particular desire to work, Milly had too many questions for a bystander to have. She should've been informed earlier, by Tommy's orders, and Linda also should have been far, far nicer to her than anyone else. After all, it was her father that was doing the job of keeping that family alive.

Finn hadn't been there, Polly had said in passing that he was recovering from a heavy workload yesterday, but Milly didn't seem to quite understand her hidden meaning. The Shelbys, and also both Grays, had the undistinguishable skill of hiding messages within plain sight, but oftentimes- from what Milly had noticed, those messages were in no way shape or form straightforward.

Bonnie also hadn't told her that the reason she had been allowed to work on that Saturday was because of Aberama... and also Bonnie was going to be there in an almost client like meeting. Bonnie had told himself that the very second he scored his first fight against a proper opponent, would be the right time to tell Milly about his involvement with Thomas and the Peaky Blinders. But only when it was certain that the deal had been settled between Thomas; who had arranged a fight with Alfie Solomons nephew, and his father.

This rather unknown nephew was only ever known as Goliath, due to his shape and size— not to mention the seeming lack of a brain in general.

Having walked herself from the camp to the door of the distillery by herself due to an absent Bonnie - who had forgotten to tell his sister about the training that would take far longer than usual, she noticed a rather fancy car pulling into the street. Far too fancy to be one owned by a man from Small Heath. Or anywhere north of the Thames river.

Milly watched as three people exited the car, though averted her eyes when one went off to relieve himself up against the side of someone's house, focusing more so on another who held a cane and had asked the driver to pomp on the horn. The driver had done as he was told, but obviously not to the liking of the other man with the fedora hat.

The now incessant blowing of the horn had, though she had only heard it for a moment or two, already began to grate on her every last nerve.

So, Milly Gold did what Milly Gold did best, and she caused a little bit of chaos on the tiny street of Watery Lane. Slamming her umbrella down onto the hood of the car, denting it in the process, Alfie Solomons hand moved rather quickly from the wheel to the gun strapped to his side. Face quickly becoming soaked in anger, some silly little girl had just dented his car. His belongings.

"May I help you, or are you here to cause everyone a blistering headache?!" With every syllable, her voice began to raise in volume until she was almost shouting.

Alfie was astonished. This little girl had no idea what he was capable of, and if she did- the little girl was nothing more than an idiot with a death wish. But then again, he had no idea who this little girl was either. He took a few steps towards her, cane tapping against the uneven cobble stones until he could see her blue toned grey eyes, and her wickedly uneven smile. She was, from observation- sane, probably one of those new wildlings that he had heard so little about.