four; one for malice

The bodies had been dumped in the canal the moment they had all reached Charlie's yard, yet Milly remained on the horse, at least whilst the men talked about— whatever men talked about

Bonnie had tried to stay with her for as long as possible, but Aberama and Thomas began to walk and Bonnie had to go. Milly knew that it pained him to leave, he had always hated leaving her in places that no one knew. It was as if he knew something was going to happen- but nothing ever did. Paranoia, Esmeralda pinned it to, but Milly was just grateful for his kind nature.

It made up for everyone else in that Godforsaken family.

"C'mon Mills, down from the horse. They want to put it in a stable." Nicolette called out, but Milly had already dismounted.

For a girl who noticed everything, she was slacking. There was something on her mind, in fact- there was something on everyone's mind.

Why was a family of Shelbys involved with the Lees?

They all knew of their gypsy background, but the Lee's were roamers, true travellers, never staying in the same location for more than they needed to. And the Shelbys? They were home dwellers, sat in their comfortable and warm brick buildings, with no worries other than who left the windows open.

"Oh— you're already off the horse—" She added on after a few moments of an awkward silence.

Nicolette would be the one to bring a lemon to a knife fight. The poor girl reeked of an awkward stench, as well as lilies and amber.

Esmeralda had once again, vanished into thin air, but Milly had an inkling of an idea as to where she had gone. Throughout their awkward walk over to the shipyard, Milly noticed the glances between one of the Peaky Blinders and her eldest sister. Something had happened prior to that moment and Milly knew that she just didn't want to know. The details, which would be rather gross to hear, would be spared from her delicate ears. The other two Gold Girls, well- they wouldn't be too lucky.

"You've done it again, Mills. Gained attention of everyone and you haven't even noticed." Josette broke the, this time comfortable, silence.

Yet again, Finn, who's name she had just learnt, seemed to have his eyes on her. She didn't mind, though. For a split second, she imagined running her fingers through his hair- but that just wouldn't be feasible. Aberama and Thomas just wouldn't allow it.

"Do you think they've got any food going?" Milly asked, changing the subject completely.

As if on cue, three sets of stomachs created a rumble of noise, and the smell of cooking goose hit their senses. It had been quite some time since Milly had eaten goose, and now it was all she could think of.

Like sniffer dogs on the hunt for the shot down deer, Milly followed her nose until it lead her to a long table that took centre stage of a dirty pitch, though the patriarch of the Golds stood with Bonnie to his left side, in front of what seemed to be a standoff between both sides. Her father held a coin in his hand, it looked as if he was about to flip it, but something stopped him.