nine; david and goliath

Today was the day

Today was the day.

Today was the day that Bonnie could finally get a proper fight against someone roughly his age, a healthier opponent than a retired heavyweight. Though, the adrenaline he had gotten whilst fighting the ex champion boxer, Billy Mills. That fight had been something else, it was like the spirit of his sister lived within him, giving him the additional anger and aggression he needed to knock down the man who was almost a foot taller than him and weighted almost double his body weight.

Today was the day! — well, technically it was still night and the sun wouldn't be rising for another few hours...

Aberama had woken Bonnie up at first dawn, the dust of the previous day had finally settled, allowing for Bonnie to make more. So, without question, the young budding boxer set off on a thirteen mile run, double the length of his usual in order to feel ready for this meeting.

Though, he wouldn't be fighting on that day, Bonnie felt like he needed to do his usual pre-match training. Minus Millys involvement of keeping his mind occupied with positive thoughts about what he can do afterwards.

To keep up the tradition, Bonnie borrowed one of his twins hair ties and secured it around his wrist, this way she'd be with him until she could be there in person. He would've borrowed something smaller, but the little piece of yellow fabric caught his eye far quicker than the ladybug pin could ever.

"Bonnie." Aberama's voice called out from the dark, not too loud to wake up the others though. "Bonnie." His voice called out again, this time he was standing right in front of the untrained war solider, who was trying to prepare for a war he knew he'd win.

"Where's Esmeralda keep sneaking off to?" The youngest male changed the topic at hand, not wanting to talk strategy with a man who didn't know hand to hand combat quite like he did.

Aberama acted as if the wind had just been knocked out of him. Clearly, he was none the wiser of his eldest daughters late night endeavours to God only knows where, but Bonnie and the others had an idea.

Or rather, they could smell the idea on her when she returned.

"Never mind her, she's not important at the moment. Are you prepared for what could happen today? Good or bad." Though Aberama knew nothing bad could come of this, Thomas had too much riding on the help of Aberama and his crew.

Bonnie nodded, using a little wave of his hand to dismiss his fathers worries and doubts. He didn't want that negative energy to disrupt his calming thoughts. But the old man didn't seem to stop his gaze, no matter how many shrugs Bonnie gave out. No matter what Bonnie could've said or done, Aberama wouldn't have accepted an answer that wasn't yes, so his lack of speech in his answer seemed to have irked the patriarch.