17 | Eden's Secret

The time passed by in a flash and within what seemed like a few moments, Abraxas and I were getting ready for Eden and Odilo's wedding. Abraxas was one of Odilo's best men while I was, obviously, Eden's maid of honor.

"I'm heading off to Odilo's. You know you have to be with Eden within the hour, right? She'll throw a fit if you're late," Abraxas said as he walked into our room, his eyes trained on his watch.

"Don't worry so much, I'm ready," I said as I swiped lipstick across my lips one last time before stepping away from the vanity and facing him with a small smile.

"So? Do I look alright? My hair just would not cooperate today," I huffed, reaching up to smooth away some strands.

Abraxas looked up at me, appearing quite comical as if he were a deer staring into headlights. His eyes trailed down my body and I felt slightly self-conscious under his heavy gaze.

Eden had my dress sent over a week ago. It was quite simple, being a silver slip dress with a cowl neckline. Of course, it was tailored in a bit more of a conservative fashion to suit the pureblood families that would be present.

"You look like an angel, Cordelia, as always," he said, clearing his throat and giving me a small smile. "Let's get going, shall we?"

With his words, we both grabbed our wands and apparated to our respective destinations, him to Odilo while me to Eden.

"There you are! Quick, my hair up looks better than my hair down, right?" Eden asked frantically as she grabbed my arm and pulled me to a mirror.

"Definitely go with the hair up," I replied as she waved around her wand, using her extensive knowledge of beautification magic to try out different hairstyles.

"Now go change," I said, pushing her towards her dressing area and grabbing the hanger that held her dress on it and placing it in her arms.

After a few moments, she stepped back into the room and I quickly laced her in. She turned around to face me and I let out a small gasp. Eden truly lived up to her name as she stood there looking every inch of paradise. Her makeup had been kept natural and glowy, allowing her dress to stand out and make her sparkle as if she were adorned in stars.

"You look so beautiful, Eden," I sniffled, a large smile on my face as I pulled her into a hug. "Odilo was right, there is no bride out there who could possibly outshine you."

"Stop, you're flattering me," Eden laughed, wiping underneath her own eyes to prevent a stray tear from ruining her makeup.

"I have to tell you something, though," she suddenly said, becoming much more serious than she was a few moments ago.

Immediately, my mind went to the worst places. "What's wrong?" I asked, grabbing her arm and twirling her around a bit to see if she was hurt somewhere.

Eden swatted at my arms before making me stand in front of her, holding my arms almost as if she was supporting herself.

"Delia, I'm pregnant."

I stared at her in shock before letting out a nervous chuckle and slapping her arm playfully. "No, you're not," I said, grabbing the small earrings she had picked out from the table and reaching over to put them on her.

"Dels, I am. I've been using concealment charms just in case but I'm only a few weeks along," Eden said, watching me warily.

I blinked slowly before throwing my arms around her and pulling her against me, making sure not to step on her dress. Eden let out a loud laugh followed by a small sniffle.

"Merlin, congratulations, Eden!" I exclaimed with a large grin as I pulled back from her, holding her at arm's length.

"Thank you! Goodness, I'm so happy you're happy, I don't know why I was fearing your reaction so much," she smiled, rolling her eyes as she, once again, patted her cheeks for any stray tears.