Memories of Another

(Meme made by yours truly)

A blistering fog surrounded me as I lay face down in the dirt. My fingers twitched and my eyes shot open. My lungs gasped for air as I lifted up my head weakly. Every muscle was tense across my body. I scanned my surroundings and saw no one was around.

"What... happened?" I struggled to move up. "Ngh my head. Hello?"

My voice echoed through the strange place. I looked around frantically searching for any signs of life.

"Awake now?" A voice called out.

"Who's there?"

The form of a woman appeared in black through the fog. She didn't move any further to me. I stood up struggling to maintain balance, but eventually I was able to stand up straight.

"You are not meant to die here while I remain alive."

"What are you... talking about?" I spoke holding my arm.

"The woman that discovered me has finally perished and yet, her essence is inside you. As is that other woman's blood. How peculiar."

The memory of the pain and feeling of death washed over me once more and I could feel tears leak out my eyes at my realization. My knees buckled and I lay against the ground on my knees. My eyes sunken, devoid of any emotion, except sadness. I held my hands over my eyes and wept. My thoughts dwelled on my family as I sobbed uncontrollably.

"Crying won't change a thing. Rather it's quite pathetic."

My teeth gritted and my tone became angry.

"PATHETIC!? WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME?!" I looked at the figure with tears. "YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT WHAT I'M FEELING RIGHT NOW!!!"

The figure sighed and revealed it's form. My face grimaced at the reveal of Miranda's form.

"This form angers you even more greatly. I can feel the rage emanating from your body." The figure crossed her arms. "I'm going to tell you this once and you need to listen well."

I didn't want to listen to whatever she said when she looked annoyed and condescending. My eyes burned with hatred and my vision slurred red. The veins became visible and made my head ache in pain.

"You are dying. Your family is trying to save you through a transfer of the Cadou; the part of me that remained in Miranda for over a century may be too much for you to handle. If you are to survive this you will become a powerful being, but should you perish I shall lose any form of restraint from the destruction I can reign upon the world." The figure turned to the side. "Your choice human."

My rage subsided and I let out a saddened sigh. I could only shake my head in disbelief and stand back up.

"What do I do... to save myself."

"Simple." She walked a few steps. "You accept me."

"Accept you through physical contact or like metaphorically?" I rubbed the back of my head.