Siege

Exploring the castle out of boredom I found a rifle resting inside an attic of the castle leading to the tips of the concrete high-rise domes. A box of rounds and engravings left behind on the rifle indicates the number of kills leaving a tally mark of 15 resting on the stock. I slung it over my shoulder and wandered outside to hear a loud screech. A flash of a figure with wings passed me and flew to the top of castle tiles atop. I smiled and rubbed the back of my head.

"Well I'm sure Alcina won't mind that this gun is being put to use." I chuckled. "Although I kinda feel a little bad."

Luckily enough I had a spot already set for me as the creatures stay hunched over like gargoyle statues. As still as statues perfectly described their positions. Perfect for a round of sniping practice. The repeated sounds of sniper fire was heard atop the castle. Shells of bullets slipped out the cartridge of the rifle; a smell of gunpowder became apparent through the air. With the gun adjusted on my shoulder I could feel the recoil hit against my bones. It didn't hurt, but it gave a small push that had me readjust my sight. The creatures dropped to fall to their impending deaths as the bullet pierced through their flesh and out their hoods. Their tongues shaking wildly and their screams alerting the others. Startled, the remaining creatures flew around searching for the cause of their deaths only to spot a glint by a stone railing before having a bullet rip through their skulls like a stone going through paper at high speed. After a few more rounds shot all the creatures were dead and I rubbed my nose.

"Heh. Sharp shooter. That makes 11 of those things dead."

My magazine clip had only three bullets left inside. I shrugged and reloading the bullets inside before slipping it back in the slot and sliding back the chamber. I aimed through the sight once more and sure enough there were none left. However, a spotted one of those wolf creatures climbing up the side. Sure enough I aimed at the head and fired. Fragments of the brain splattered as the body fell back.

"Headshot. Damn I'm good!"

I aimed again and I felt a sense of dread as I spotted two more appear looking around. Aiming frantically I shot the one on the left in the throat causing it to fall off. I cocked the rifle and aimed to the next that looked around until I saw it's gleaming eyes stare back at my glint. It opened it's mouth about to let out a roar, but before it could I fired my shot right to it's eye causing it's body to tumble against the stone. Breathing heavily I looked around in a small panic. More and more began showing up brandishing weapons and snarling.

"Tch, Fuck!"

I aimed once more and shot the creatures only to see more and more arrive in their stead. My bullet shells hit the stone until none were left. The creatures saw me and howled signaling more to climb. I grabbed the gun to sling over my left shoulder and immediately went back inside climbing down the ladder.

"Why the hell is there so many of them?!"

Upon entering back into the castle there was the sounds of buzzing closeby.

"(F/N)? Was that you earlier?" Bela arrived.

"Bela! There's the creatures from the village climbing on the roof of the castle close behind me." I breathed heavily.

"Why would Lycans be here?" She asked confused.

"I'm not sure, but they are hot on my tail." I said.

Before she could get another word in we both heard wooden creaks above us. The number was unknown, but there were many low growls.

"We need to go now!" I said.

She grabbed my hand and sure enough we levitated towards the main hall where Alcina was coming down the stairs.