"I'll get the nurse in here to bump up your pain meds."

As much as I want relief from the full-body aches and pains I have, I really don't want any more drugs. They make my mind hazy, my eyes heavy, and most of the room spin, and right now I just want to be present with Harry. I've only been fully awake for about an hour and a half, I don't want to go back to sleep just yet. Soon, but not yet.

"No. No drugs."

"Love, I just want you to be comfortable."

"I can hold out... a little longer; just wanna be here with you... conscious, for a little while longer." He looks like he wants to argue with me on the matter so a add a very sad sounding, "please." Harry sighs, nodding his head in understanding before leaning down and pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"I'll go talk to the nurse. Do you need anything?"

"Just you." Harry smiles and if I were feeling 100% I'd be gushing, but right now all I can manage is a small, lazy uptick of my mouth.

"I'll be right back. I love you." With another kiss to my temple, Harry leaves the room.

I'm left in complete and utter silence, aside from the quiet sounds outside my hospital room. It doesn't feel real, or even really possible that I'm here. One minute I'm having a laugh, having a good time, and the next I've woken up in a desolate hospital room with a worried fiancé by my side. It's almost as if this is all a dream, one that I can't tell if I want to wake up from. I don't remember anything past leaving the bakery this morning with Leigh-Anne and Nathalie, it's just a whole lot of darkness and then waking up in this place. It's quite nerve-wracking. Apparently, I was in and out of it for quite a while before surgery; but thank god I don't remember that mess.

A soft knock emits from the closed door of my room before it's pushed open to reveal a man that could light up any room with his presence. He smiles widely when he sees me, clad in his usual scrubs and wearing his spectacles high on his nose. He looks tired, but still as giddy as ever.

"There's our girl." He beams, dropping down into the seat Harry once occupied, but not before kissing my forehead. I've been getting a lot of those lately and I can't say I'm complaining.

"Niall." He breathes out a whistled breath before wiping at his forehead jokingly.

"Thank God you remembered my name, was afraid I'd come in here and I'd be like some 50 First Dates shit."

"I don't have amnesia," at least not completely.

"Well, thank goodness for that." After a brief pause, he asks the question that's at the tip of his tongue, "how are you feeling? Had us all worried there for a minute."

"Fine. Feeling... as you would expect."

"Feeling like you fell seven meters?" If I could widen my eyes without my brain wanting to flop out of my head, I probably would have.

"seven meters?"

"That's what they tell me. Glad you're okay though. You had Harry about ready to have a coronary." He's joking, that I know, but it doesn't make me feel any better. Just imagining Harry sitting around in a waiting room with no word on my condition for who knows how long has my heart hurting. If it were the other way around I'd be an absolute mess. "Shit, hey, didn't mean to make you cry."

I don't even realize that I'm crying until he said something. I'm not even sure why I'm crying, maybe the pain medication, or maybe it's the gravity of the situation just now hitting me.

Niall's quick to gently brush the tears away, nervously telling me not to cry, and pulling faces as if to make me feel better. I'm sure the faces work on his normal patient clientele, but not so much me.