Chapter 21 ~ There's Bad News, Isn't There?

At some point in time, while Peter and Yelena were talking, Clint returned to the compound. Needless to say, he was overjoyed to return and find Natasha back fully. They spent quite a bit of time together with the rest of the Avengers. But eventually, they all returned to the Med Bay to plan their next step.

"So, the question is, should we go after Inaya now, or wait until the formula is ready?" Tony said.

"How close are you two on that formula?" Captain America asked.

"Now that we have the sample that Clint got for us," Bruce said, "I'd say..... two hours, at least."

Sam narrowed his eyes, "There's no bad news to that, is there?"

"What? No... I don't think so?"

Sam nodded, "Good."

Wanda laughed, "That was random. Why'd you ask?"

"Well, recently, it seems like everytime something good happens, there's instantly bad news that goes along with it."

Bucky nodded, "Strange enough, I agree with him on this."

Clint gasped dramatically, "Then it must be the end of the world because that never happens! All you guys do are fight like an old couple!"

Sam and Bucky chased him out of the room while Clint laughed.

Pepper sighed, "I'll go make sure no one dies."

Everyone that remained in the room turned to each other to talk a bit more about what their next step would be.

There didn't end up being any terrible news that came after the much-needed news about the antidote. Everyone seemed thankful for that.

"So we go after Inaya again then?" Captain America asked, "Everyone good with that?"

Tony cleared his throat, "Going after her doesn't seem to work. We keep losing because it gives her the advantage."

Natasha raised an eyebrow, "I sense a plan forming."

"You'd be right. My plan is to bring her here."

Clint tumbled out of a vent, landing on the floor in a heap, "What do you mean?"

"Aren't you supposed to be dead?" Yelena asked, "Bucky and Sam seemed intent on killing you."

"I slipped away when Pepper was distracting them, plus, they can't even agree on which way is the best way to kill me," he grinned.

Captain America sighed, shaking his head, "Even so, they must have had quite a bit of good banter."

"Oh definitely! They always banter when they're in the same room."

Lila laughed, "I didn't know that!"
"Well, you do now. Now back to the plan...." Bruce trailed off.

"Oh right!" Tony continued, "I meant we set a trap with her. Bait her with something to get her to come here. In the compound, we'll have the advantage."

"That might work," Wanda said.

Natasha seemed to be thinking things over, "It could. But a Widow generally wouldn't just jump into a place that she knew was the enemies' home base without good reason."

"That's what the bait is for."

"Better be some bait, what were you thinking?"

Tony grinned like the thing he was going to say would make everyone's day, "We have the two things that she wants right here, so why don't we use them?"

Yelena started dreading what he was going to say next. She felt like there was some reason that she was going to hate what Tony said next.

She was right.

"Natasha and Yelena are the bait."