49

Max x Caroline ending

The next morning Caroline woke up to Max gently stroking the side of her cheek and a smile on his face. Caroline smiled as she moved closer to him and he wrapped his arm around her. 

"Did you sleep well?" Max asked, his eyes heavy with love for her. 

Caroline nodded. 

"You look happy," She pointed out. 

"I feel happy," Max smiled and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. 

***

"What do you mean Eloise told you everything?" Caroline asked as they waited for their plane to take off and go back to Monaco. 

"She told me everything I needed to know before I came here," Max replied. 

"She even told you about Valtteri?" Caroline nervously asked. 

Max nodded. 

"And you are not mad?" Caroline cautiously asked. 

"Oh no, I was mad," Max replied honestly. "But then again..I don't care about your past, only you present and future with me."

Caroline smiled and nodded before resting her head on his shoulder. 

"I don't deserve you Max."

"Funny, I sometimes feel the same way about you," Max chuckled. 

***

"I missed this," Caroline said as she and Max ran. 

Before she started dating Lewis they often used to go for a morning run as part of their work out and talk about the recent events in their lives. 

"And whose fault is that?" Max sarcastically asked, earning a glare from Caroline. 

"I hate you sometimes," Caroline said before running faster than Max but he soon caught up to her. 

"And what about the rest of the time?" He playfully asked. 

"I love you," Caroline replied, without giving much thought. 

Max immediately stopped running. He has been waiting a long time to hear those words. 

As soon as Caroline realized what she just said she froze. This is not how she wanted to confess her feelings. 

She slowly turned around to look at Max. 

"Say that again," Max said as he walked closer. 

"I hate you sometimes," Caroline tried to ignore her recent confession. 

"Yes I know that," Max said. "Repeat what you said after that."

"I.. I love you," She replied as her face turned a light shade of red. 

Max smiled as he put his hand on her waist and pulled her closer before kissing her. "I love you too, but you already knew that,"  He smirkes. 

"Max, someone will see us," Caroline looked around. 

"I don't care," Max said as he gently turned her face to look at him. "You love me… nothing else matters Care."

"I do love you," Caroline smiled and gave him a quick kiss before getting out of his grip and running away. 

"I can't believe you are still making me chase after you," Max yelled before running after her. 

**********

A/N: final thoughts on Max and Care?

Next will be Lewis x Care ending... And I don't know why but I also want to do a Valtteri and Toto ending 😅😅