33

Lewis smiled from his bed as he watched Caroline searching through the room for her clothes and picking them up. 

"You should wear my clothes more often," He commented as Caroline was only wearing his shirt at the moment. 

Caroline playfully glared at her as she took off his shirt and started putting on her clothes. Lewis didn't remove his eyes from her for even a second. 

"I know I look good in your clothes but if I show up at the meeting like this then Christian is going to fire me," She replied. 

"So? You are going to leave Red Bull anyway," Lewis shrugged. 

"I haven't made my final decision yet, Lewis," Caroline pointed out. 

Lewis nodded and smiled as Caroline leaned down to kiss him. 

"I will see you later."

***

"I hate triple headers," Caroline complined as a response to one of the engineers sarcastically saying how much not so tiring the triple headers are. 

Everyone in the room laughed at her expression. 

"She misses the comfort of her home," Max added

"And food from my favorite restaurant," Caroline looked at Max, and he can't help but smile. 

Their eyes lingered on each other for a few seconds before Caroline looked away. 

"Alright, enough chit chatting," Christian said as he took his seat. "Let's start the meeting."

***

"You haven't told her yet, have you?" Valtteri asked as he joined Lewis at the track walk. 

"No," Lewis replied bluntly and then looked at his girlfriend who was too busy going through the data with her engineer. "She is thinking about joining Mercedes anyway so…"

Valtteri doesn't look surprised as he was already told that he will be leaving the team. 

"Do you think she will still want to join if she finds out the truth?" Valtteri asked. 

Lewis was silent as he looked at his teammate with a worried and guilty look. 

"Caroline deserves to know that you and Toto planned all this, the only reason you got close to her is so that you can manipulate her into joining Mercedes," Valtteri explained. 

"Hey! I never manipulated her," Lewis snapped. 

"You did what?"

Both Mercedes drivers looked in the direction where the angry voice came from. 

Lewis looked like a deer caught in the headlights. 

Valtteri immediately took a step back. 

"Max.. listen…" Lewis tried to explain. 

Max couldn't hold in his anger and went to punch him. His fist almost hit Lewis but Valtteri jumped in between them and stopped Max. 

"You used her," Max yelled as he tried to reach Lewis but couldn't. "You have been playing with her feelings and manipulating her."

Everyone around them including Caroline looked at them as Max yelled. 

"I never played with her feelings," Lewis yelled. "My love for her is real."

"Don't even talk about.."

"What the hell is going on?" Caroline ran towards them immediately and tried to push Max away from Lewis. 

"Tell her," Max yelled. 

Caroline looked at Lewis with confusion all over her face. 

"Tell me what?"

"Maybe we should talk about it in private," Valtteri suggested. 

"Shut up Valtteri," Caroline snapped at him. She knew if Max was making a scene in public then it must be very bad. "What is going on Lewis?" She looked at her boyfriend for an explanation. 

"It's a misunderstanding Care," Lewis tried to calm her down. 

"Keep her name out of your mouth," Max snapped. He stepped back and looked at Caroline. "He has been lying to you, Care."

"What?" She got even more confused. "What are you talking about?"

Lewis took a deep breath and decided to tell her the truth. 

"Lewis…"

"Toto wants you in our team so.." He nervously looked at her. "He asked me to get close to you and convince you to leave RedBull and join Mercedes."

Caroline felt her heart skip a beat and her face turned pale. 

"He has been playing with your feelings, Care," Max interrupted. "All this time he only had one agenda."

Caroline looked away from Lewis and looked at Valtteri. 

"It's true," Valtteri nodded. "I warned him to tell you sooner but…"

"Caroline," Lewis took a step towards Caroline and extended his arm to hold her hand. 

But Caroline immediately took a step back away from him. 

"Tell me it's not true," Caroline begged Lewis. 

Lewis' eyes told her the answer. She tried to control her tears as anger started to overwhelm her. 

"It started out like that Caroline but…" Lewis explained. "But I really fell in love with you. I put a stop to the plan as soon as I realized that I love you."

"Oh! I feel so lucky," Caroline sarcastically said as her eyes hold nothing but anger. "Toto and you planned everything. Now it all makes sense. It was all a lie."

"Care, no," Lewis' voice broke. "What we have is real, what I feel for you is real."

"Don't lie to her anymore," Max snapped as he stepped closer to Caroline. 

"Care…"

"I have to go," She glared at Lewis before running away. 

**********

A/N: do you think Care found out the truth a little too soon?  I mean they just said the L words just days ago

Do you think she will forgive Lewis?

I know it was not as dramatic as you all have hopped but I wanted both Lewis and Max present when Care find out the truth.