48

Max x Caroline ending

Caroline finally came back to her hotel room after a long day of spending time with her father and then going on a shopping spree to distract her mind from Max. She never thought she would feel jealous to see him with someone else but here she is in New York after running away from the vacation because she was feeling lonely and Max was with someone else. 

She soon freshened up and changed to a comfortable set of clothes. As she was tired she wanted nothing but to go to sleep. Even after closing her eyes she can't seem to get the thought of Max out of her head or get rid of how she felt when she saw him kiss Natalie. 

She tossed around in her bed, trying hard to fall asleep, she almost felt relieved when there was a knock on her door. Lazily she got up from the bed and went to open the door, wondering who it could be. 

As soon as she opened the door her eyes instantly went wide. 

"Wha… How?" She gasped. 

"This is the last time Care," Max said. He looks tired and like he hasn't slept for days. "I am done chasing you after today."

Caroline immediately felt vulnerable. She didn't expect Max to show up in New York, definitely not when it seemed like he was having a good time with Natalie in Mykonos. 

"What…what do you mean?" Caroline stuttered. 

"You know I love you, I have loved you even before I realized I have feelings for you and you keep rejecting me or unknowingly give me hope," Max explained. "I can't keep going like this any longer."

"I thought you moved on," Caroline said. "You were with Natalie and both…"

"She was a distraction, because I am tired of chasing you," Max sounded exhausted and helpless. "I keep hearing you talking about Lewis and having one night stand to get over him when I was by your side all along. You chose everyone else but me."

"Because I am scared that if I choose you, I will somehow end up hurting you," Caroline's voice broke. "Why do you think Ieft Mykonos early and came here? I was not able to bear the sight of you by someone else's side."

"Then why didn't you tell me?" Max argued. 

"Because…" A couple of drops of tears rolled down her cheek. "Because I am scared. Scared of hurting you and myself."

"Are you scared now?" Max stepped closer and cupped her cheek. "Do you think I will ever hurt you… or lie to you?"

Caroline looked at Max, the look on his face breaking her heart. 

"Say the word and I will leave Care," Max mumbled. "I will never chase you again, I will…"

Caroline cut him off by putting his hand behind his neck and pulling him closer to press her lips on his. After a couple of seconds she pulled away as Max didn't kiss her back. 

Max was stunned as his eyes studied Caroline. He couldn't believe she kissed him. He quickly cupped both her cheeks and kissed her. Caroline kissed him back and pulled him inside the room. 

"I understand if you want to leave but…you don't have to chase me anymore, Max," Caroline said as they broke the kiss and she looked him in the eye. 

"Good," Max smiled before kissing her again. 

**********

A/N: finally!!!

After one or two more parts I will post the Lewis ending

Thoughts on this chapter?