32

"Where is your girlfriend?" Caroline asked as she entered the plane and found Max already sitting alone and going through his phone. 

Max looked up from his phone. "Florence was never my girlfriend," He mumbled. "It was just a…she said that if I pretend to date her you will get jealous."

Caroline took her seat and raised her eyebrows in amusement. 

"Seriously Max?" She huffed. "I thought you were smarter than that."

"So did I," Max sighed and let out a deep breath. "But I guess what they say is true, love is blind and makes you do stupid things," He gave a faint smile. 

Caroline nodded in agreement. 

"By the way, you are aware that Flo already talked to a few reporters about how you broke her heart, right?" Caroline said as she pulled out her phone and opened the link that Eloise sent her a few hours ago. 

"What!?" Max's eyes widened and he sat up straight. 

Caroline handed him her phone and he scrolled through the article, obviously the model twisted the story and once again dragged Caroline's name, blaming her for the "break up".

" I am so sorry Care," Max apologized and he clearly looked guilty. "I didn't know it was going to happen, she promised she was not going to do…"

"You are a fool to trust her," Caroline rolled her eyes. "It's good for you that I don't care much about the media, otherwise I would have made you pay," She sarcastically smiled. 

***

"Caroline, Hi," Toto Wolff stopped Caroline just as she was about to enter the hotel lobby. 

"Umm..hey," Caroline politely greeted him. "Can I help you?"

"Yes actually," Toto nodded. "How would you feel about changing teams?"

***

"If you don't tell her then I will," Caroline overheard Valtteri as she approached both the Mercedes drivers. "She deserves to know Lewis."

Lewis' eyes widened as he noticed Caroline walking towards them and she was close enough to hear them clearly. He immediately hit Valtteri to stop him from talking further. 

"What is going on?" Caroline looked suspiciously at the two Mercedes drivers. 

"Nothing, we were just.." Lewis nervously looked at Caroline and then at Valtteri. 

"We were talking about some team orders," Valtteri lied. "Which is none of your business," He gave her a sarcastic smile. 

"Oh Valtteri, always so charming," Caroline returned him the same sarcastic smile. 

"Only for you Caroline," He glared at her and then looked at Lewis who was hoping that Caroline didn't hear a word. "I have to go now, have a meeting with Toto…remember what I said."

Lewis just nodded. 

Valtteri shared a look with Caroline before walking away. 

"Ignore him," Lewis gave a quick smile. "He is not in a good mood today."

"He is never in a good mood," Caroline shrugged. "But let's forget about him… let's talk about how Toto just offered me a contract."

"What?" Lewis gasped. "When?"

"Just now," Caroline replied. "When I was coming here to meet you."

Lewis felt uneasy, worried that Toto might have told her the truths before he could come clean. 

"What did you tell him?" He nervously asked. 

"I said I will think about it," Caroline smiled. "And I am really considering it."

"But.." Lewis looked confused. "You said you were never going to leave Red Bull."

"That was before I realized I love you," Caroline smiled and kissed. "I have been thinking and… us driving for rival teams will do our relationship no good so…"

Lewis cut her off by pressing his lips against hers. "I love you Care and I will be more than happy if you will be my teammate."

**********

A/N: Do you think Care will find out the truth? And if she does will she find out herself or will someone tell her about it?

Do you think Care should join Mercedes or stay in Red Bull?

Thoughts on Max and Lewis?