30

Caroline was greeted by a very nervous and angry Eloise as soon as she stepped inside the Red Bull hospitality. Just by looking at her face, Caroline can tell that something is wrong.

"That bitch is here and following Max like a lost puppy," Eloise snapped, expressing her frustration.

"What bitch?" Caroline looked confused.

"That bitch," Eloise pointed in the direction from where Max just walked in.

Caroline was taken aback when she realized Max is being closely followed by none other than Florence. She was too stunned to react to the smirk Florence shot her way.

"Hey.." Max approached his teammate, trying to act normal.

"What is she doing here?" Caroline asked straight away.

Max turned to look at Florence, who had a smug look on her face and then looked back at Caroline.

"Umm..we are kind of seeing each other," Max replied, which confused Caroline much more.

Eloise was just standing there doing some thinking regarding the situation, and she was closed to figuring out what is going on.

"I apologized to him and asked him for a coffee and he agreed," Florence added as she wrapped both her arms around Max's arm and smiled. "We have been inseparable ever since."

Caroline cringed and shared a looked with Eloise.

"I know you are quick to judge someone and never let go of your grudges but I suggest you stop leading Max around," Florence gave a fake smile, tightened her grip around Max's arm, and got even closer to him. "We are very happy with each other now and I don't want someone, especially you, to ruin our future."

Max didn't know what to say and just wanted to see a hint of jealousy from Caroline but instead, he was met by concern and confusion. As he was getting uncomfortable he tried to remove his arm from Florence's grip subtly but failed. She only shot him a fake smile and glared with her eyes, silently telling him not to ruin the façade. He reluctantly complied.

"Don't worry," Caroline smiled at the couple. "I can clearly see how happy you two are. I wish you two nothing but..well a real happy relationship."

Eloise's eyes went wide as she finally figured out what was going on. "You idiot.." she mumbled under her breath.

"Thank you, Caroline," Florence shot her another fake smile.

Max forced a smile and nodded.

"I keep telling you that my personal life is none of your business," Caroline looked at Max. "It's only fair to you that I don't interfere myself in yours," she gave him a worried look before turning around and walking away.

"Care, wait.." Max called out, but she was already out of the room, followed by Eloise, who glared at him before leaving.

***

Even though Caroline qualified in the top three she was not happy or excited as usual. Both Max and Lewis noticed that but only one of them knew the exact reason. Caroline and Max hugged for the cameras and then she immediately went for the interviews.

Florence was waiting for Max right next to his team and pulled him for a hug and went to kiss him but he turned his face around at the last second ad she ended up kissing his cheek instead. She laughed at the nearest camera and pretended it to be cute moment, but Max just pushed her away and left for the interviews which made her feel awkward.

"What are your plans after the race tomorrow?" Lewis asked Caroline as soon as both were done with their interviews and was on their way back to their respective garages.

"Depends," Caroline replied. "If we win there will be a team celebration like always. Why? What do you have in mind?"

"Okay, first of all, I think I am going to win," Lewis chuckled. "And I have a little something special planned for you..for us. So if by any chance your team ends up winning tomorrow would you be willing to skip the celebration and instead spend the night with me?"

Caroline smiled and nodded. "Sure, I would love that."

Lewis immediately beamed with happiness and smiled. "I wish I could kiss you tonight." He whispered so only Caroline can hear him.

"You have to wait till tonight for the kiss," Caroline smirked before walking away, leaving Lewis smiling.

**********

A/N: Not the best chapter..but thoughts on Max agreeing to Florence's plan? 

What do you think about Care's reaction to Max and Florence "dating"? was the reaction appropriate or she should have said something more? 

Any ideas or suggestions for me that will help make the story better?