Chapter 11

"Yes, hello? ... Oh, Lieutenant Marshall Storm is occupied with something, but I can leave a message?" A white soldier covered his eyes from the raging winds in the Desert, holding a walkie-talkie to his ear. "She's with the scout team... Yes, we're all fine, approaching our destination on schedule."

"Oi, what is it, lad?" A black soldier ran up, holding his helmet down.

"Hush! It's The Marshall... what was that, sir?"

"Oh fuck, sorry!" The black soldier whisper-shouted.

"Get hearing aids you idiot!" The Marshall's voice shouted through the walkie-talkie, "This is a DIRECT order from Goddess Andana: Avoid confrontation with the Crystalians! Aufklamt!"

A beep rang from the walkie-talkie and the white soldier put it back on his belt.

"Well, shouldn't we go tell Lieut---"

"I'm thinking," The white man interrupted.

"What is there to think? You heard him, a direct order from our leaders!" The black man shook his head, worry in his eyes.

"I know... but this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to finally get back at everyone!"

"This is not exactly the time to be racist and hold a grudge, Frank!"

"What do you know, Bob? You didn't fight in the first world war!?"

"That don't mean anything. I'm trying to look at things in a civilized manner. This is a direct order, and if you won't tell Lieutenant Marshall Storm, I will."

Bob began to walk away, covering his face with his arm due to the sand. Frank gritted his teeth and pulled out his pistol, his hands shaking. He slowly aimed it at Bob and fired, shooting him through the back. Bob fell flat on his face, blood staining the sand around him. Frank wiped his eyes, and when he looked again, he saw Luna standing behind Bob's dead body, her legendary Nodachi in her hand. She began to smile sinisterly, shaking her head.

"I hope... that was worth it, little mortal..." She looked down at Bob and picked him up. "Damned hath you caused your people to be... Revel in the sin you have just committed..."

He shot Luna, but she disappeared with Bob before the bullet hit her. He gasped and ran off, Luna appearing on the cliff overlooking the area. She set Bob down on the ground gently and traced a symbol on his chest.

"May Mother bless you for your selfless actions... I am eternally happy that you needn't live anymore through the destruction that will ensue. Rest peacefully in Mother's bosom, you have earned your eternal peace." Luna looked up at the sky and set the body ablaze. "... I... am so conflicted... Mortals, are they this selfish..." She grunted in pain and held her chest. "To kill one another... over a simple dispute... They seem... so beyond... saving. Mother, guide me... what should I do?"

She went on her knees and clasped her hands together over the burning body. The specks of ember flickered towards the east, and Luna looked to see a giant woman towering over her. Luna gasped and fell back, her eyes wide and watering.

"M-Mother!" Luna looked up at the woman's gorgeous face, the blond hair blowing through the winds. "My elegant and stunning Queen..."

The giant woman put her hand down by Luna and Luna put her hands on it, closing her eyes.

"You are troubled... rest. I can wait."

"N-No! Never! I would never put anything before you, Mother!" Luna shook her head. "I must do anything... EVERYTHING! I will do whatever it takes to bring you back."

"It takes a toll on your mind. I sense great pain and darkness..."

"From my aching heart yearning for thy return..." Luna replied, wiping her tears.