Chapter 6

Luna stood quietly in a room full of almost complete darkness, the only light coming from 10 candles that surrounded her. She stared at the ground, her eyes blank and without color. Her face had stains of blood and she slowly looked at her right hand, which her legendary Nodachi was piercing through. 

"Tell me... what has happened..." Luna spoke softly as blood dripped from her hand onto the floor. "What... was spoken..."

Luna closed her eyes, putting her other hand on her head. She shook her head softly and opened her eyes, clenching her blood-covered fist. She grunted in pain as she pulled out her sword and stabbed it into her other hand, blood pumping out. She screamed in pain as magic began to pour out of her mouth and began to choke her. She pulled out her blade again and the choking ceased. Luna sighed softly and got up, setting the blade down gently. She put her bloody left hand on her chin as her right twitched.

"What... what was said..." Luna kept asking herself as she left the room. "What did Gracious Mother say to them...!?"

Chanting began to sound in the empty, dark hallway, like that of a choir in a church. Darkness enveloped the elder Goddess as the chants grew louder and angrier.

"Death to them! Death to all! Burn all sin! Let the light flourish!" 

"Rejoice in pain! Rejoice in the light! Let thy pain embrace them!"

"Darkness comes"

"Descend"

"Rejoice"

"Burn"

"Sin"

"Love"

"Royalty"

"Mother"

"Mother"

"Mother!"

The words seemed to surround Luna as she walked, her hands shaking as the chants sent shivers down her spine.

"B-Burn... s-s-sin... Mother... love... Royalty... Descend... rejoice... Burn... Burn... Burn..." The blood from her hands began to climb up her body and seep into her eyes. "Sin... burn... Rejoice... burn..."

Her pupils now returned, a crimson red. They began to dilate and stretch vertically, a chilling yellow surrounding the pupils.

"Descend Heartless one!"

"Descend!"

"Burn!"

"Sin!"

"Forever!"

"Light!"

"Burns!"

"Hate!"

"ALL!"

"All shall burn!"

"Let them cry!"

"Burn inside!"

"All shall burn!"

"FOREVER!"

"Let the light guide them"

"To a painful death!" 

A sinister smirk began to form on Luna's face, with sharp teeth being shown, dripping with blood. Her wings sprouted and began to be colored with the blood and darkness of the room. Papers flew out of a room and began to surround the elder Goddess, forming a tornado around her. The papers fell to the ground and Luna stood there, her hair now jet-black with white streams, her dress complete darkness, and the legendary Nodachi in hand. She kept walking and opened the door, spotting the Goddess couple sitting on the throne together and flirting with each other. Luna gripped the handle of her blade.

"I could end them right now... they wouldn't even notice..." Luna's right eye twitched and she aimed the sword at the two Goddesses. "Right... now..."

She flapped her wings and charged at the back of the throne, piercing her sword into the back of it. The flirting stopped immediately, silence filling the large room. Slowly, Luna saw the two Goddesses' heads peek over the throne and looked at Luna.

"LUNA!?" Andana jumped from the throne and pulled out a broadsword, pointing it at Luna. 

Scarlett hid behind Andana, readying her hands to fire magical blasts at Luna. Luna sliced her sword out of the throne and smirked.

"Looks like I missed..." She showed her sharp, fang-like teeth and shook her head. "How disappointing..."

Without warning, Luna stabbed her sword at Andana, but she grabbed the blade and tossed it aside. 

"You demon! Let go of Luna!" Andana demanded.

"Let's just kill it!" An evil smirk grew on Scarlett's face.

"Demon!? AHA HA HA!" Luna cackled and grabbed Andana's neck, beginning to lift her and choke her. "I'm your... ANGEL!"

Scarlett fired a blast of purple magic at Luna, but she simply brushed it aside and bashed Andana into the wall. She summoned her blade and went to stab Andana, but Scarlett grabbed the blade and pulled it away from Luna. She then pierced it into Luna's head and the elder Goddess slowly fell to her knees. Her head hit the ground and she woke up, back in the same room. Luna looked around and saw this demonic creature of herself stand before her.

"... I will escape."

"I will not allow it, Heartlessia." Luna glared and got up, grabbing her blade. "You are everything I fight to kill. You are the very thing Mother doesn't need in this world."

"But I am you..."

"Not yet." Luna turned away. "So long as I keep my sanity, I will never embrace you."

"... You don't miss your locked powers, little Luna...?"

"They would have corrupted me, so I let go of so much to remain sane." Luna glared and clenched her fists. "You are the embodiment of sin!"

"Your sin."

"..." Luna remained silent and turned her head slightly. "I will not fall into the darkness... not this time."

"You will... I have foreseen it."

"Then your eyes blind you, like looking into the darkness for answers that will be as dark as the darkness that surrounds it." Luna turned to the demonic entity.

"Mother needs a strong enforcer... are you the strong woman she needs?"

"I am the only person willing to help her for her. You want to help her to bring about the end of everything!" Luna snapped.

"And you don't?"

"... What I am doing will Rebirth everything... make it better." Luna's lips began to quiver.

"By killing everything... tell me, how are we so different, you and I?"

Luna turned away and began to walk out, not replying. The demonic entity smirked and nodded slowly.

"Anna... you know it was I."

"..." Luna nodded slowly and turned her head. "And she is the tool I require."

"Katheleen... find her, yes? She can provide you the General you seek... a way to prove you are trustable to the Goddesses... and to find the elusive Grand One, hm?"

Luna turned to the demonic entity once more and nodded softly. 

"It's time you play the strings again, Luna... shape the future... just like how you did it before, with your little... war."

"..." Luna began to smile softly and the demonic entity went up to her and put its hand on her shoulder.

"For... Mother."

"Yes... for Mother." Luna looked at the demonic entity. "Chaos... Destruction... For Mother. The end... nigh."

The demonic entity watched Luna leave with her blade and smiled softly.

"Yes... for Mother."