11.

"Thank for everything, Kazekage-sama"

After Kazekage returned to sleep, the other three left, Kazekage's brother asked his nephew to take his 'cousin' home and indicated where he could rest, then went to work himself. Both boys spent all the way in silence, both thinking about what they had learned.

The room the boys went to did not stand out from the rest of the rooms that the blond had seen. The walls were a shade of dirty sand, the whole room was just a bed and cupboard and a large window, nothing delightful.

"It will be your room." said the brown-haired as the blond looked around the room. "Thanks." he replied, looking away from the boy, as did the rest of his companion. They both stood for a moment in silence, until the blonde decided to interrupt her. "Is your father..." he began, not knowing if he should ask. "Always this tired?" finished for him. "Yeah." The truth was that initially his father spent more time with him when he was adopted, but now sometimes he doesn't even come home. Shinki didn't really know the reason, he knew his aunts and he knew only that it was because someone very important to his father had died and since his death the redhead had acted in this way, apparently he was like a brother to him. Judging by the reaction of his father and uncle, the boy came to the conclusion that this person, the hero of the 4th Shinobi Great War, Naruto Uzumaki, must be the father of the blonde standing next to him.

"I'll go now" he snapped as he passed the boy, but stopped when he heard the blonde's voice, "Hey, do you... maybe, wanna talk?" he asked, surprising the brown-eyed man, for a moment in silence, until he agreed to the 'cousin's' proposal.

Towards the evening of that day, laughter and giggles spread around the house, tired but curious Kankuro went to check it and to his surprise he found Shinki and Boruto talking and laughing, the black-eyed smiled at the sight. 'Like father like son' he thought, leaving the boys alone.

The next day, when the Kazekage went to wake the boys up, he found his son sleeping in his clothes in bed and the blonde asleep on the floor with his legs propped up against the cupboard. Wordless, he quietly left the room and stared at the door for a moment, until he saw Kankuro walking towards the kitchen. "Gaara?" the elder said, noticing his brother. "Kankuro, tell them to come to the training ground," he said, pointing to the door to the room where the boys were sleeping, then simply left.

Some time later, both boys came to the training field, where the red-haired Kazekage was waiting for them. "Why a training ground?" the brown-haired man asked, and that was a good question. After all, it's probably best to have such conversations in the office, right? The redhead, ignoring his son's question, looked up at the sky, "You want to know about the twins?" he asked, still staring at the sky. "Yes"

"I can't- I won't tell tell you much." the redhead quickly improved, it was true that he had promised Naruto that he would tell his child whatever he wanted, but the deceased blonde forbade him to talk too much, it was inexplicable for the people who made these promises. The three of them sat down on the sand, and the two boys waited for the older one to start. "Kawaki, he's like Sasuke." summed up briefly, "cold, arrogant, strong and egoistic, but also kind hearted and smart." At the utterance of the words 'kind hearted', the image of a smiling blonde appeared in the head of the redhead, but he quickly shook off these thoughts and continued. "Meanwhile, Menma is his complete opposite." he said, raising his head to the sky again. "He's very energetic, confident, even if wrong, loud and smart." a smile crept on Kazekage's lips.

'I think we will be great friends.' The blonde thought, for a short while they sat in silence listening to the sound of the wind. 'Is there anything else I need to know?' he asked, drawing the elder's attention to himself. He thought for a moment before finally answering the question. "They know about you and..." he paused for a moment, fighting with himself for a moment if he should talk about it, but in the end it is important information. "Father?" the brown-haired man said when the red-haired man did not answer for a long time.

"They hate their father and everything to do with Konoha." he said, finally surprising the younger ones. There was a long silence, the younger ones had to process what they just heard, although Boruto was able to understand this reluctance, even hatred. The blonde stood up slowly, drawing the attention of Kazekage and his son, "Thank you for everything, Kazekage-sama" he said, bowing slightly, surprising the other two, "I'll leave as fast as I can." That was enough information for him.

"As you like... Uzukaze Boruto"