Acquisition of Power

Drinking the vials of red liquid they both flinched, expecting some drastic transformation or painful experience. They were both pleasantly surprised when there were no painful bodily modifications or changes of any kind. The only thing that did happen was that they were drastically tired all of the sudden. 

"Maybe we're tired because our bodies have to adjust to the new quirk inside it?" offered Izumi to Izuku's question about their exhaustion. 

"If that's the case then we might need to stack up on food so we don't starve from the transformation," Izuku thought out loud. 

"For now why don't we just go to sleep and if we need to eat we can do it later?" questioned Izumi. 

"I guess you got a point," relented Izuku. The exhaustion was starting to get to him. He didn't think he'd have the energy to get the food as he'd suggested. All they could hope was that they wouldn't die from starvation in their sleep. 

Izuku and Izumi both got into their shared bed and started to snuggle close to each other. This was normal for them. After multiple nightmares as children, they began sleeping in the same bed to combat them, most of the time in close contact with the other. Ever since they started they never had nightmares. At some point, it became less about fighting the nightmares and more about just wanting to stay close to their sibling. Though they'd never admit it they were both afraid of the possibility of the other leaving them. They are the only thing the other has, to lose one would destroy the other.  

They slept peacefully snuggled close under the blankets. To an outside observer, it would seem that they're simply sleeping normally, though in their minds was a different story entirely. Sharing a bed is one thing. Odd for siblings to do, but not entirely unheard of. What is unheard of however is for siblings to share dreams. 

Soon after falling asleep Izuku and Izumi found themselves in a black void. The only thing they could see was the other, still in their pajamas, the pure black floor, and a bright green light in the sky. It looked like the sun, well, if it were green. 

"W-where are we?" Izumi fearfully questioned. She was practically shaking where she stood. 

"I-I don't know," said Izuku, equally as terrified as his sister. Izuku reached and grabbed his sister's hand and held it tight. This small gesture proved to be useful when they began to calm down a bit. 

Now calmed they let their minds get to work. They were smart kids. They figured out how to make their own quirks, they could figure out this too. Looking around they took in everything they could about this place. It didn't take them too long after seeing the green "sun" in the sky to know where they were. 

"A collective mindscape," Izuku offered. 

"Somehow when we both got our quirks we also got a shared mindscape," explained Izumi. 

"So then that must be..." Izuku thought out loud while pointing to the green sun. 

"One For All," finished Izumi, "Maybe since One For All was passed onto both of us we both got a shared form of it." 

"If that's the case then it's possible that One For All not only copies the quirks, as we saw in the gene modification but makes a copy of the consciousness," reasoned Izuku. 

"Then why aren't the previous holders of One For All here too?" questioned Izumi as she started looking around for anyone else in the void around them. 

"Maybe they're not here because we removed their DNA from this particular version of One For All," reasoned Izuku. 

"Then if they're no longer here," began Izumi, "then maybe this quirk isn't One For All anymore. It's an entirely new quirk that's just based on One For All." 

"Well we did change the quirk so maybe that is possible," said Izuku, "I kind of wish there was something here though. It's kind of empty." Not long after that sentence left his lips a replica of their bed appeared. 

"Woah!" they both exclaimed excitedly. If there were someone else in the void with them, they'd have seen the twins practically have stars in their eyes. 

"Izu how'd you do that!?" questioned an excited Izumi. 

"I don't know I just thought about there being a bed here and there it was," explained Izuku. 

"Maybe since this is our shared mindscape, we can change it how we like," said Izumi. She then turned around and faced a portion of the darkness around them suddenly there was a table and chairs with two bowls of katsudon on it. 

The twins wasted no time running over to the table and sitting in their seats. They both grabbed their utensils and started to eat. It tasted just like how they imagined it would. The twins spent the next few hours in their mindscape playing with whatever they could imagine. It was one of the few times the twins could be kids. No worries about quirks, just them playing together as kids their age should be. 

They played until they felt some pulling sensation. Soon enough they awoke back in their shared bed. They made a mental note that a pulling sensation is how they get into and out of their mindscape. When they woke up they weren't any hungrier than they normally were so the theory of needing more food to facilitate the process was proven wrong. 

When they were done they got ready for another day at school Izuku suddenly had a question. He did what he always did, he asked his sister for her opinion, "If our mindscape is shared, does that mean we share the quirks we copy too?" 

Izumi looked at her brother in contemplation before agreeing, "That is a good question. We should run a test. Maybe I can copy Inko's quirk and then see if you can use it," she offered. 

Izuku agreed but posed his own question, "Do we even know how to do that? We should run a quick test to see if we actually can do it quietly before we try it on Inko."  

Izumi quickly agreed and they began trying to call forth their new quirk. It took them a minute to get it down but when they did they saw that there was a light green glow that illuminated their hands. Interestingly the glow seemed to move like a mini vortex toward the center of their hands. An interesting thing about their quirk, one that they paid no more mind to other than noticing it. 

They went downstairs and bided their time. When they had the chance they took it and Izumi grabbed Inko by her arm. Inko didn't notice anything since Izumi disguised it as a trip and she was simply grabbing her arm for stability. Being seen as completely useless has its perks, no one notices when you've got them in a trap. 

With that, they quietly finished their morning ritual before leaving to go to school. Along the way, Izumi quietly began to test and learned how to use Inko's quirk. Once that was done she passed the information along to Izuku who tried it himself. To their combined glee he was able to successfully use Inko's quirk. That means that they truly did share Inko's quirk. 

Walking down the path to school Izumi raised a question, "Should we still be doing this?" 

"Doing what?" Izuku asked. 

"Going to school. I mean we already know the university-level concepts from our experiments. Do we really still need to go here?" She didn't want to go to school if she didn't have to. She hated being beaten by the people who were once their friends. 

Izuku thought about it before explaining, "Probably not, but we should, even if it's just for copying Shoto and Katsumi's quirks. They might be useful in taking on Overhaul." 

That was another thing they needed to do. Overhaul was both the only reason they were able to complete their research and the main reason they needed to complete their research. They refused to let him continue what he was doing to Eri. While they could never truly call themselves heroes after all the times they'd killed people in cold blood, they could at least be her heroes. 

With that thought they had their plan set in place. Go to school, get Shoto and Katsumi's quirks, leave when they got the chance, copy Overhaul's quirk, stop him by either killing him or destroying his arms, and free Eri. They had no real plan after that but they knew they had no real intentions of going back to the Yagis. Well, they'd cross that bridge when they get there. 

A/N:I think I might start focusing on this story for the time being. This, however, doesn't mean that I'm going to be updating it any more regularly than my other stories. I'm still in college and that still takes up a majority of my time.