———

"Ugh, I'm sorry... Eli will be a good girl! Please don't go... Really, Eli will study even harder and have a bunch of money!"

"Hic, Hik, Waaaah—!"

A short black-haired girl held a withering woman's hand tightly. Tears stream across her white cheeks now staining them darkly.

"Nana! Please don't leave me too!!"

She covers her eyes behind her arm, weeping with sadness. She tightly held the pale cold hand in her pale warm hands.

"Really! Lisa promises!"

She whimpered, rubbing her cheeks against the once caring and warm hands that used to stroke her gently.

"Elisa..."

The girl, Elisa, didn't respond to the call and continued to beg the unresponsive woman on the bed.

A boy taller than her by a head sadly stares at Elisa. He had similar features as Elisa. His name was Ron.

"Elisa, let Nana rest..."

Ron quietly patted her back signaling her to let go.

"But... but, Big Bro!"

She looked at him in horror. She wanted to deny reality, at least she tried to.

He was already dry from tears. He couldn't cry anymore, especially now he was in front of his younger sister.

He held her hands that were holding their grandmother's hand and released them. He gently placed her hand on top of her chest.

Elisa followed her hand as he returned it to its place. Her eyes didn't move from their grandmother's hand.

Suddenly she couldn't see anything. Ron was tightly hugging her into his arm to at least comfort her.

"Hik, Hic, Hiccup!"

Elisa grabbed onto his jacket tightly crying into his embrace.

"It's fine. Everything is going to be okay."

Ron softly gave a small smile as he stroked her hair. Elisa couldn't help but weep even more sadly.

She felt her emotions calm down in his arm.

So calm she didn't want to let go.

Yes, she didn't want to leave his arms. But one thing she knows, he will always come when she needs him.

After all, he is her older brother...

Her one and only foolish brother...

Her remaining family...

She didn't want to lose him. Never.

———