She felt sorry for her brother's knowing concern for her. But she did feel that way.

She clenched and unclenched her fists multiple times until she inhaled deeply then slowly exhaled. At least doing this action somehow calms her mind even if it's a little.

Why did they feel this kind of intensity?

Was the possibility of being in a good relationship with the main character impossible?

Is the fear that they felt when they first met Maverick in the garden similar to their situation with Charlotte?

'No, just like back then... Yes. The journal...'

She bent down under her bed and hurriedly searched for the journal they wrote the novel's information.

"Phew..."

She breathed in relief having it in her hold and hastily went through the papers looking for the specific event.

"This... what..."

"Lin?"

Seeing his sister's absurd behavior, Edwin stepped toward her carefully. Her eyes were glued to a specific paragraph on the paper.

"What are you staring so intently at..."

He tilted his head to see from her perspective. Before he could even analyze the content clearly, the book was immediately shut, surprising him.

"Big Bro, it's best I will simply explain to you but just in case bring Ian."

Edwin confusedly looked at his sister but agreed to her order.

"Then just stay put in this room until I bring Ian with me, okay?"

Edwin worriedly stared at her and nagged her to not do anything until he came back. Linda softly smiles as she watches him leave the room.

Squeak

"Who?"

She widened her eyes in surprise at the sudden noise she suddenly heard. She turns to see two small eyes looking at her quietly.

The creature blinked its eyes as it dangles from the rope.

"Adorable..."

She whispered. Her eyes soften at the sight of the cage.

Linda slapped her cheeks to bring back her stability. She was nearly seduced by that mimic!

"I just need to wait until Big Bro comes back..."

She tiredly muttered holding the book between her legs and chest. Her eyelids felt heavy.

'Just a little more...'

She forcefully thought. Just a little more until her brother comes back with Ian.

Yeah, it's always been that way...

Just like back then...

She couldn't contain it anymore and closed her eyes. Her breathing became Evan as she drifted to sleep on the sofa, placing her head atop her legs.