2

"Ceremony Of Night"

Narrator POV

Yoongi was well prepared. He has been waiting on this very day since he was a young child. His father attentively watching his son. "I am proud of you, Dal ah. This day will be perfect..." The In-between was very loose with details about their events. Time moved significantly slowly than that of time on Earth. 

Ceremonies Of Night were no different. This ceremony was the recognition of person. The celebration of the person you are growing into. "I am ready, Father." Even though no one had access to The In-between, it didn't mean the idea of it didn't seemingly add pressure to your life. Yoongi was told all his life to be welcoming of the darkness, the moon, & shadows. Essentially that he identified with from a young age. 

However, no matter his lineage to The In-between... Yoongi lived in the modern world. Earth. "Good. This ceremony is what is going to define your fate entirely." Typically this specific ceremony rivaled the "baptism" you could very well have witnessed or experienced depending on your religious beliefs. A cleanse of sorts...

Yoongi was raised knowing of the Ceremony Of Night, but was allowed the freedom of witnessing many as a child. His Father was adamant that he should get heavily involved when he felt it was at an appropriate age. The grand age of fourteen.  "Nothing to worry about, right ?" His father started smoothing out his suit. Making sure he looked pristine in his greyscale colored garments. "두려워할 거 없어요. 준비됐습니다." (There is nothing to fear. You are prepared.)

 Before long Yoongi was walked with his father out into their community square. He had complete trust that things would go as planned. The square was surrounded by white daffodils covered by the shade of overlapping trees. Everyone else was in forms of an off white, in appreciation of the moonlight. Yoongi stepped up on the ledge of the pool (more like fountain), where his ceremony would commence. His father held him to keep him steady. "You'll only be under for a few seconds, Yoongi. You know what to expect."

Everyone wore their respective pendants. All the pendants being black & portraying the Yin (*of the Yin & Yang). The community leader stepped forward, giving a calm smile in Yoongi' direction. Everyone present could tell he was immensely prepared. Not showing any signs of doubt or fear. The community leader said his final statement to the commune before firmly taking hold of Yoongi. "Yoongi, I will put you under now. Just accept whatever happens & have trust in the fact I will pull you up. Just as you've seen many times before."

 Yoongi could only nod his head before he had to hold his breath. It was like he had trained for this to the entire best of his ability.

The water was cool & fresh. Freezing. Not a strong scent of chlorine or fountain cleaner at all. Almost like this fountain was not of the Earthly plane at all. Like it truly belonged somewhere else. Yoongi' body was alarmingly calm long before it was submerged. This was the last thing he'd expect to experience ever. His ceremony.

 He felt like he traveled out of his body. He had seen many flashes, but couldn't quite tell what anything meant. It almost didn't feel real. He found himself in The In-between. No one greeted him, & was well content with that. Yoongi valued being alone with his darkness. No matter if his darkness swallowed him whole. This was a clear warning. Life as Yoongi knew it was about to change. This ceremony opened him up to something completely unexpected.

As soon as he arrived, he had left. The flashes were too quick to understand completely, but there was one thing Yoongi was certain of. It heavily, whatever it was or is, was going to completely change the course of his life going forward. There was no telling what fate had in store for him.

Yoongi lowly gasped for air once he had emerged from the water. His father quickly draping a towel over him. His father gave him his pendant. "How are you feeling, Yoongi ?" Honestly, he had no idea of how he was supposed to say. How did he feel ? "마음이 편안해요. 저는 완전히 편안해졌습니다." (I feel relaxed. I am completely relaxed.) His father seemed relieved, but was overall glad Yoongi enjoyed his ceremony. Now he truly was living up to his lineage.

What was to come ?